Adding custom package to Image build

• Hi

I have a image build question i need some help with. I know i can add external git sources to my build.

But i have a custom made python module not provided by DP and not a git source and would like to add it to the image feeds.

Is it possible to add debian packages to the deploy folder and then rebuild the feeds and get the custom files into the image feeds?

Or do i need to setup a separate feed for custom package and use dpkg scan packages to setup that feed??

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• Yes i guess that is a solution that did not cross my mind and makes very much sense :smiling_face:

The i have it all in the build environment and it's easy to keep up to date :thumbs_up:

Thanks for your replay dre

• Another issue i stumble on as a novice image builder.

How do i clone the full unstable repo into my build?

I hade some issues with a simple thing like tar package don't show up in my deploy folder. It cant be that i have to add them all as single dependency?

Must be a more simple way to accomplish this?

• dre to the rescue again :smiling_face:

It's the last option i have been doing until now but I will checkout the layer option. It would be easier if i just could clone the whole repo and be done with it :smiling_face: