Build debian package on Dreambox

• Hi

I have been building debian packages on my dm900 with factory image for a longtime without any issues.

So now i was trying the same on my Dreambox Two.

Here all did not go as well as i am used to :winking_face:

I get this errors and are really stuck. I suspect i am missing some dependency files? Just cant figure what so if someone could lend me a hand and tell me what packages i need

root@dreambox:~# dpkg-deb -b /root/deb-x/ my-debian-package.deb

dpkg-deb: building package 'my-debian-package' in 'my-debian-package'.

tar: unrecognized option '--format=gnu'

BusyBox v1.24.1 (2021-04-04 22:23:21 EDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: tar -[cxtZzJjahmvO] [-X FILE] [-T FILE] [-f TARFILE] [-C DIR] [FILE]...

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• Thank's but when i try that i get an package not found

E: Unable to locate package tar

And if i search the feeds i cant find the tar package?

• Incredible i have search the unstable feeds and did not find it but thanks any way i need to get my eyes checked :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But my next question about this.

Image i am using is the Factory image but i have built it my self from the opendreambox github

No errors all when just fine But why did i not get this file in the feeds. Do i need to setup the feeds for unstable?

Because i have searched the feeds created when building the image and i cant find the tar package you provided me with

How stupid can i person be :grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face: did not run apt-get update before apt-get install tar :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Well that lesson is learned and thanks dhwz for your help but this we can call nonsens :winking_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::thumbs_up:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von seagen () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by seagen into this post.