(SOLVED)Dreambox One and Two Codec issue resolution 704x576 mpeg-4

• Hi

I have notice that none of the dmOne or dmTwo works with Channels transmitting in resolution 704-576

Screen is freezing and jumping, Creating large pixels, 720-576 works fine

Audio work just fine also no matter resolution

I assume there are some channels on other satellites that can be used for testing

At Thor 0.8 west this channel and those in the same transponder have this issue

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• All channels transmitting in the 704-576 are broken.

But you are maybe already aware of this Ghost  Reichi ??

Maybe Sven H have an ide what the problem is. Must be some channels on your sat configs transmitting in this resolution that you can test on for your self??

As information the same channels and same resolution works just fine on my dm 900 uhd

• Yes and notice the 704 and not regular 720 res. But there is a driver error with the Pig renderer thats broken

And i might suspect this issue is somewhat the same?? It's not a standard 720x576 aspect ratio ?? :thinking_face:

• hmm, "CNN int." (Astra 19.2, 11.627) has here 720x576

On this program the PiG works.

I think your are on OE 2.5??

Pig dont work with OE 2.6 if they have not fixed in the last days and you get some updates before us regular users :winking_face:

And 720x576 work just fine on OE 2.6 also

MTV Europe might be in 704x576

Looks like Sky news is 704x576

https://www.satindex.de/channeleng/4855/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seagen () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by seagen into this post.

• It's on OE2.6

PiG don't works only, if you open a PiG-Screen from another PiG-Screen.

If you open a single PiG-Screen from Live-TV there no probems.

See this test-Plugin:

RE: Skin with Picture In Graphics

On open first Screen the PiG it is ok.

But open from first PiG-Screen a second PiG-Screen, then you have a problem on OE2.6.

Gruß Sven (aka Dreamy)

DM920 mit unstable OE2.5 DP
    One mit unstable OE2.6 DP

• I'm pretty sure this is not related to the video resolution, there are services with even lower resolutions which work properly.

I think the services you are referring to are NOT MPEG2 right?

• Resolution:
    704 x 576 Pixel

576i (Interleaced)

TV Norm:
    SD TV

Framerate:
    25 fps

Image format:
    16:9

Chroma format:
    4:2:0

Video format:
    MPEG-2

And Sven this have nothing to do with the Pig. I was just asking if it also could be a scaling issue breaking the picture

• seagen

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Dreambox One and Two dont work proper with transmission resolution 704-576“ zu „Dreambox One and Two Codec issue resolution 704-576 mpeg-4“ geändert.
  • seagen

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Dreambox One and Two Codec issue resolution 704-576 mpeg-4“ zu „Dreambox One and Two Codec issue resolution 704x576 mpeg-4“ geändert.
  • Just bumping up this issue since after the last big update this problem is still there with jerky picture and audio.

For Scandinavian users this becomes a big issue since the TV 4 package is one of the most popular.

Tv 4 Fakta is like TLC/Discovery/InvestigationDiscovery all in one channel.

Hade this been a problem on 19.2e and 13e this forum would exploded with angry users :winking_face:

We have been waiting over 2 years just to get some information that this is looking at

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seagen ()