How do I create a bootlog

• Translated from German to English for Internationel users.

How do I create a bootlog

First you need a

- mini-USB cable and a PC / laptop

- a tool for logging e.g. putty , Tera Term or the Windows software HyperTerminal

- the VCP driver to recognize the interface

1. Shut down the Dreambox properly (deep standby)

2. Turn off the power switch on the back of the Dreambox

3. Connect the Dreambox (service socket on the back) to a PC / laptop

4. Install the VCP Driver and look in the device manager under Connections (COM port) whether a new COM port entry can be seen (USB to UART Bridge)

5. Start the desired tool for logging and set up the interface

using the example of putty

• Select the menu item "Connection -> Serial" and set the correct COM port (previously seen in the device manager)
    • Set speed to 115200
    • Data bits are given the value 8
    • Stop bits have the value 1
    • Set parity to NONE
    • In the menu item "Session-> Logging" on the right, select the value "All session output" and select the file
    • in putty you must set the "connection type" to "serial" in the menu item "session"
    • Finally press the "Open" button

6. Last but not least, turn on the power switch on the back of the Dreambox

7. If everything works correctly, the window should now fill up with many entries in the black window of putty (example) (the log is written)

How do I log during operation

- You need a network cable

- A tool like telnet

1. Determining the IP address of the receiver: Main menu -> Settings -> Network -> Network settings

2. Call up telnet on the PC / laptop (usually included with Windows): Start menu -> Search / Run and enter telnet < IP address> eg telnet 192.168.100.200

3. There you will be asked for your username: Username is root : You will only be asked for a password if assigned

4a. In telnet, execute the following command from journalctl -fu enigma2

• Everything is now logged in the telnet window

4b. Alternatively, you can write the log output to a file. The command would be journalctl -f -u enigma2> /tmp/enigma2.log

Of course, another path such as the hard disk / media / hdd can also be specified

• The output is now written to the file under / tmp / enigma2 instead of in the telnet window

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von seagen ()

• seagen

before this step Finally press the "Open" button in putty you must set the "connection type" to "serial" in the menu item "session"

Without this step you hear on "Open" only a beep and the logging-window is not start.

This was my mistake on the first try for boot log. :winking_face:

Gruß Sven (aka Dreamy)

DM920 mit unstable OE2.5 DP
    One mit unstable OE2.6 DP

• Code
    hello how do i find the bootlog file.