Dreambox Two / One über USB Service Port neu flashen

• Hallo allerseits

Früher konnte man Dreamboxen ja via Seriellen Anschluss und Dream Up neu flashen. Ich hab nun ein Problem mit einer Dreambox Two. Während dem Flashen gabs einen Stromunterbruch und nun startet die Box nicht mehr. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit die Box via USB Service Port wieder zum Leben zu erwecken?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Normalerweise sollte der recovery loader trotzdem noch startbar sein.

Hast Du das denn schon probiert?

Also Box ausschalten... Powertaste am Frontpanel drücken und festhalten, und einschalten.. irgendwann sollte im display dann "Start Recovery ? ...." erscheinen und dort rückwärts gezählt werden von 03 02 01 ... GO ... nach dem Go kannst Du die Taste dann loslassen.

Nach einer Weile sollte dann die IP auf dem TV angezeigt werden, unter der du die box per Bowser erreichen kannst.

Dort kannst Du dann neu flashen....

cu

• System log, CFE/uboot config via console, etc.

For the Rest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film)

We already had TOO many such posts in the recent weeks where people killed boot loaders (un)intentionally (?) by flashing garbage, or following garbage How-To's they found ... somewhere and then after they bricked the boot system of their Dreambox, they touch down here and ask for / demand help to recover.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• No you did NOT simply forget - or should I show you your old Posts ?

• I'm NOT smart, I just ... remember ...

There YOU replied, now here YOU ask ... because YOU forgot :thinking_face:

• I can only reply with a citation of Robert Hochner (Austrian Journalist):

Zitat

The revenge of the journalists towards politiciens is the archive.

• Come on- does DreamUp work without pluging in the USB cable to the serial or USB service Port ????

PLEASE read your OWN Post half a page up in this thread - slowly

Zitat

DreamUp does not work Dreambox Two.

Hence (then) the question - why is there a service port on the back panel?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• You got your answer, but pretending that you didn't know is not a translation problem.

It is not our fault if Google translate will not give you the understanding of the CFE Bios or uboot that is necessary to use the service port beyond getting bootlogs. It is simply fully operational console device.

PS: FYI If you don't want comments to your posts, then discussion forums are not a good place to ask something - or deleting your posts after you got an answer you didn't like.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()