I need help with EPG

• No exactly that is what is not working, you cannot just replace md_khmurabi_10.ttf with ae._almateen.ttf as the font is looking really strange for latin characters.

But I have maybe another idea. But I've to check it first. I'll maybe come back to you for testing it.

Thank you dhwz , we are waiting for that test ,as you know we are 22 countries and this the fifth language globaly and we wish that dreambox to have it working in subtitles .
    regards for your effort.

• Replace the md_khmurabi_10.ttf in your image with the attached one, I've replaced all arabic letters with the one from ae_AlMateen.ttf

Maybe I've forgotten some characters then let me know and I'll replace them too.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• You can use FontForge to view the content of the font file, as said I tried to copy all available characters from ae_AlMateen. You can check if you want or just let me know if you see some wrong character in the future and we fix it then.

• sorry for interrupting, realy there is nothing you can change in the skin.xml? did you try with other skins? I just looked into Nuke.Evo skin, I see there

just put your good looking arabic font in the path (name it in this case regular.ttf) and see what happend, I´m just curios, it is both for teletext subtitles (we have them in Germany) and regular subtitles

• Subtitles are built by GStreamer not Enigma2, there is no font in the skin, Engima2 receives already rendered pictures from GStreamer. The font is always md_khmurabi_10.ttf there is no other one.

The subtitles you are refering to are only for teletext/DVB subs.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• Subtitles are built by GStreamer not Enigma2, there is no font in the skin, Engima2 receives already rendered pictures from GStreamer. The font is always md_khmurabi_10.ttf there is no other one.

The subtitles you are refering to are only for teletext/DVB subs.

exactly because we have tried for a week all possibilities with skins and path before posting the issue here .
    so dear dhwz in the net coming update the new modified font md_khmurabi_10.ttf will remain the same right .

thank and will let you know if we noticed any wrong letters.
    regards

• thank you is not enough for you and your upscale dealings and for really best support

my ask is about this...

in most of the satellite receivers in market these days there an option to use external source of audio to be played with live channel.

as example if i am watching a Polish or Italian sports channel i can use external source of audio from internet to play my own language to be used instead of the original audio of the channel.

is it possible from developers to add this feature to Dreambox so client can add audio url so it can be played instead of the original audio ?

normally many channels has by default several audio to select and we need to add own audio as well .

this feature is missing with Dreambox if possible to help adding as it is very important for many.

• most of the satellite receivers in market these days there an option to use external source of audio to be played with live channel.

Which STB does such things? Never heard of something like that before.

On other Dreamboxes with PiP, you can use audiopip, which allows you to watch service x and hear audio from service y. But that only works with usual receivable DVB services.

• Dear dhwz
    in most of set top boxes in asia and african as well middle east all receivers has this feature and we miss it in dreambox and enigma ,
    some programers tunisia if i am not wrong they tried to do a plugin for this but did not continue or they did private .
    i dont want to name the brands but 90% of receivers now have .
    the idea is , when watching lets say eleven sports from polish source or cosmote sports they have only their own language and not understandable.
    so these receivers they gave an option to put streaming url with desired language and they can switch from live audio to the url added to play with the live video .

• What you are talking about is Plugin AudioPip. Dont now if that plugin is for DreamOs but it has been around for OE-A for a longtime.

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• we are not sure if we are explaining properly what needed . but it is working many receivers .
    they call it external audio time shift .
    lets say i am watching eleven sports with audio polish
    i can switch to arabic audio from bein sports ( source from url coming from internet ) and if not well sync we use time shift so it match with the game
    and we have eleven sports video and bein audio from url .

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

it is not nice to advertise for other brands here but most of receivers in market have this option .
    client can enter the source they get from internet and switch between live audio and external added audio.
    and the video shows the way .
    if possible to have such feature will be great as everyone is requesting this from us . so we thought to post here if someone can help with it.

thank you .

DREAM MULTIMEDIA DXB
    www.dmm-tv.com

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von DREAM MULTIMEDIA DXB () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von DREAM MULTIMEDIA DXB mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• First of all dhwz i did not claim the plugin was a OE-A plugin i just mention it has been around for sometime for OE-A.

Since thoose who are asking questions seems to be used to OE-A gave that hint and also asked if there was a DreamOs version.

You gave us an answer and in the sametime informed the source of the plugin :smiling_face:

Another thing is a board with a thumbs down button... so thanks everyone who constant use it.. i accully got more of thoose then thumbs up

Feels very welcome here :winking_face:

And the Video DREAM MULTIMEDIA DXB really looks like an Android box???

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• as well i got lot of thumbs down . i wish they would help better then waste time with thumbs.

seagen : yes sir the video is not from enigma box and it exist with android and none android as well . as i said most of boxes in my region have it except enigma2 .

dhwz : sir this feature exist in all boxes : icone pro / icon iron / starsat / stagold / mediastar / tiger / premium / and much more . and when it is possible with all these boxes we requested Dreambox management and they asked us to post our issues in forum to get professional and better help .
    and since 20 years distributors for Dreambox it is our job to inform what we miss and what we face issues to be solved helping us to continue sales and satisfy our customers means Dreambox customers.
    we thank you very much for solving the Arabic language and EMC epg bug issues as it helped 22 countries using our boxes .
    and when all clients asking us for this external audio option it is our duty to request you the possibility to add instead of asking all client to complain and post here .

as i said first for enigma2 the subject was in the forum (Tunisia sat) some programmers were working on a plugin solution to add external audio source but either it became private or not finalized .
    for Dreamos if the developers can spare some time to add this feature it help us a lot with satisfying clients and sales and we ask now because most of receivers have it and we dont.
    maybe in Europe it is not that important but for us it is very important and we need help hope can be done .

thank you.