enigma2 and enigma2 plugins online translation

• 1) we have nothing to to with E2openPlugins

2) translations from the upstream repository e.g EMC will be removed in a future version, the translations on opendreambox will be the leading/only translation.

Reichi

Didn't we import the existing translation strings if none is in our weblate available?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• 1) we have nothing to to with E2openPlugins

2) translations from the upstream repository e.g EMC will be removed in a future version, the translations on opendreambox will be the leading/only translation.

1) I know, but so why import their string for translation? Let them live their lives...

2) It seems just what I was asking for... :winking_face:

We have some VERY reliant translators in numerous languages.

Give them a "single point of translation" is why we change how translations are handled in plugins!

It just makes their life (a lot) easier!

True, but with some side effect, almost in some languages.

The same string in different contexts can have very different meanings.

A single available translation can be an extremely limiting factor, when the language being translated has, for example, different forms for masculine and feminine, singular and plural. Not to mention that some languages even have additional distinctions.

Thus a single translation option risks being a "all purposes unisex form", perhaps simpler, but certainly less elegant and accurate.

If I could choose, I would prefer that each plugin had its own separate translation: any translation tool (from Weblate to Poedit, just to mention two examples) has a translation memory that can provide a very good support for repeated strings, making the work much easier.

Let me be clear, this is not meant to be a criticism, just my thoughts, my two cents.

Another problem then are chained strings: for translators they can be a real nightmare, producing comical effects at best, tragic or misleading at worst.

Something like writing "table book on is the".

Again, I'm just expressing my opinion, about which I'd like to know the thoughts of other translators, especially those who are facing the same problems as me.

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• Hi.

As I've already reported, even though my translation for enigma2.plugin has been completed, weblate goes on proposing me some strings (every day, always the same ones) as untranslated / to be verified.

A deeper analysis allowed me to verify the following:

1) String not yet translated into Italian (no reference, original string only in Dutch, Serbian, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish)

Make it more skin friendly

2) Strings already translated in italian but to be verified (no reference, source strings only in Dutch, Serbian, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish)

No result from LDIF

No result from Outlook export

Searching in Outlook export...

3) String already translated in italian but to be verified (no reference, source strings in every language)

movies found!

4) String already translated in italian but to be verified (no reference, source string only in English, Italian, Polish)

search EPG from history...

Is it possible to check if those strings are still necessary and why do these strings always come back to me?

Thanks!

• Hi.

Just some little questions about translations and the upcoming "Universal Image": :question_mark:

I understand that it is not yet final, but I assume that the structure is now established.

How much will it change (translation-wise) from the current situation?

Does anything already exist in this regard (e.g., a new section on weblate)?

If the changes/news/integrations will be numerous, how would it be possible to start working on it so that we are more up-to-date at the time of release? :smiling_face:

Thanks!

• Hi.

I am reposting here the contents of an old post of mine, since there still seem to be some problems with the translations.

On a daily basis there are still some strings being reposted (every day and always the same ones), which would be untranslated or have problems, despite the fact that I fix them each time.

I summarize the affected strings here:

1) String not yet translated into Italian (no origin reference, original string only in Dutch, Serbian, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish)

Make it more skin friendly

2) Strings already translated in italian but to be verified (no origin reference, source strings only in Dutch, Serbian, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish)

No result from LDIF

No result from Outlook export

Searching in Outlook export...

3) Strings already translated in italian but to be verified (no origin reference, source strings only in English, Czech, Finnish, Franch, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian)

exception

Is it possible to check if those strings are still necessary and why do these strings always come back?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spaeleus ()

• Sorry to bother you again but...

I understand that this is not a top priority, but I wonder if it is not possible to remedy the daily report about the need to translate/correct some entries in the enigma2plugins translations, already reported in the previous post (Feb 4th 2023, no feedback so far...).

We are now on 17 May, and since 25 January 2023 I have been receiving a daily email that some translations need to be corrected, always the same ones: I have already done so countless times, always hoping (completely in vain) that the problem would be resolved... nothing doing, every day they always reappear to be corrected again and again.

Thank you for your attention and understanding :smiling_face_with_halo:

• Hi.

Unfortunately, the instance for translations seems to be unreachable:

the https://dreambox.de/translate/ answer is always

502 proxy error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request

Reason: DNS lookup failure for: translations.dream-multimedia-tv.de

Any hint?

Thank you