enigma2 and enigma2 plugins online translation

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

as pootle wasn't working as expected and mostly unmaintained for quite some time now, we have moved our translations to a newly installed weblate instance.

https://dreambox.de/translate/

The old accounts could not be transferred, so translators have to register again with weblate.

To make registriation a bit easier I've enabled social auth via google and github.

Our weblate is directly connected to the translation repositories on github. Changes to translations will be automatically pulled from and pushed to the following repositories.

https://github.com/opendreambox/enigma2-po

https://github.com/opendreambox/enigma2-plugins-po

Your feedback is very welcome!

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to register again, and happy translating,

Stephan

• Ich hab mich registriert, allerdings kann ich die Übersetzungen nicht speichern. Mouse over meint, ich hätte ungenügende Rechte.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Leider sind die po nicht ganz aktuell. Könntet ihr nicht enigma2-plugins-po bei jedem commit auf den neusten Stand aktualisieren? Also automatisch? enigma2-po hat auch einen älteren Stand.

Gruss
    Dre

• Vor einigen Tagen (oder schon Wochen) konnte man noch Vorschläge zu den Texten machen, ohne dass man eingeloggt ist.

Habt ihr das deaktiviert, weil das jetzt gar nicht mehr geht :thinking_face:

Wollte bei einem Text eine Anpassung vorschlagen :winking_face:

Oder muss ich mich dazu jetzt zwingend registrieren/anmelden ?

Gruß Sven (aka Dreamy)

DM920 mit unstable OE2.5 DP
    One mit unstable OE2.6 DP

• Ja, den könnte ich verwenden :winking_face:

Habe mich trotzdem gewundert, warum ich damals noch Texte vorschlagen konnte und jetzt nicht mehr :thinking_face:

Gruß Sven (aka Dreamy)

DM920 mit unstable OE2.5 DP
    One mit unstable OE2.6 DP

• Hi everybody! :red_heart:

After some (a lot...) year of absence, I'm back!

Some personal and working problems kept me away from the dreambox world, but now that I'm retired (and unfortunately older...) I can resume translating.

I have already reviewed, updated and corrected the entire Italian translation of enigma2 and enigma2 plugins via weblate.

Regarding enigma2plugins I have two questions:

1) I notice the presence of many strings that belong to plugins no longer present in the repository, having migrated to E2openPlugins, where each one has its own localization (a choice that in my opinion continues to be preferable to ensure an easier and immediate update of the translations - but that's another story): wouldn't it be appropriate to clean up the contents?

2) despite the fact that I have completed the translation of enigma2plugins several times, every day I find some strings proposed as untranslated and others as to be verified: what is not working?

Have a nice day! :smiling_face:

dario

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• All strings present in weblate are in one of the repositories included in github.com/opendreambox. There are some plugins as as downstream repos

Gruss
    Dre

• All strings present in weblate are in one of the repositories included in github.com/opendreambox. There are some plugins as as downstream repos

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but plugins like

EnhancedMovieCenter (765 strings)

SeriesPlugin (162 strings)

InfoBarTunerState (116 strings)

PushService (137 strings)

just as examples, aren't in github.com/opendreambox and have their own po folder.

Translate those strings (1180...) into enigma2-plugin.po is meaningless, as those plugins point to their own file.

This means unnecessarily translating hundreds and hundreds of strings twice, making sure to keep the translations aligned.

Sorry but... cui prodest?

And for the strings translated/repaired but every day reproposed as untranslated/to be verified any suggestion?

Thanks

• they are all in the repo!

I never had the problem that my translations were overwritten. So, I cannot help.

Gruss
    Dre

• Please forgive me, it could be my age fault... :winking_face:

But assuming also that the plugins are all in the repo (for example I could find InfoBarTunerState, but I couldn't find EnhancedMovieCenter), if I remove the file

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EnhancedMovieCenter/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/EnhancedMovieCenter.mo

even if the file enigma2-plugins.mo is updated with all the strings belonging to this plugin translated, the plugin is not translated anymore.

So I can't help wondering again: what's the point of translating it to enigma2-plugins if it needs its own independent translation anyway?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might be an issue with the merging I built for external repos.

But I've never been notified about such an issue, so i never looked for it.

I think back then i wanted the original plugin translations to be leading, but I'm not sure, I've built this quite some time ago ;).

I'll have a look!

And by the way, there translations are collecting using this repo: https://github.com/opendreambox/enigma2-plugins-po