Fast forward / Rewind buttons

• Dear developers;

Recently I am struggling with software bug, I mean forward/backward bug , when I am using remote control for forward/backward in different speeds 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, it is not working at all. I don’t know if any of you faced this problem too or not. I would be appreciated if you solve this problem an help me.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rummenigge ()

• That's the case for a long time already and it seems to be accepted.

If I remember correctly, this is caused by "calculating" the data stream in pure software because the hardware has no "speed" feature.

The "solution" is, do NOT use different speeds for searching for a specific scene, but use the number keys on the remote to jump for seconds or minutes.

Standard values for forward jumps are 15 seconds on "3", 30 seconds on "6" and 5 Minutes on "9", but the values can be configured via the system settings (for backward use "1", "4" and "7").

Ymmv.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't do anything with this totally imprecise report. A little more detail would be great. With TS recordings and corresponding .ts.sc files made by the box or any other Dreambox, the fast forward / rewind should work with the current unstable firmware. It works very well here. For Media Files like MP4/AVI/MKV you should use the number keys to skip forward/backward.

• I can't do anything with this totally imprecise report. A little more detail would be great. With TS recordings and corresponding .ts.sc files made by the box or any other Dreambox, the fast forward / rewind should work with the current unstable firmware. It works very well here. For Media Files like MP4/AVI/MKV you should use the number keys to skip forward/backward.

More precise, when I fast forward / rewind the TS files (for example 15 times), which has been recorded, or ts.sc. files which is made by my Drembox One or any other Dreambox, the image will be pause.

• Rummenigge

Hat den Titel des Themas von „forward/backward buttons“ zu „Fast forward / Rewind buttons“ geändert.
  • More precise, when I fast forward / rewind the TS files (for example 15 times), which has been recorded, or ts.sc. files which is made by my Drembox One or any other Dreambox, the image will be pause.

I still have a problem similar to yours, after a year. That's why I had to use another Dreambox model.

When i play the TS files from HDD (EXT3/4 formatted), there is no problem, but when i forward or rewind the video for example twenty times or more, the image will be constant or the receiver doesn’t work at all and i have to turn it off from the back button and again turn it on.

• another three minor problems which goes over a years -

ALWAYS:

After cancel(exit) FF Jump GUI input box, video jumps backward for one second.

why?

SOMETIME:

On long press FF key it start to forwarding,

then i have to repeat long press FF key and after jump X minutes forward, video still continues forwarding.

by my subjective opinion, it must start play after jump not continue forwarding.

after fast forward, faster than 2x,

audio goes to never-ending jerking mode,

pause doesn't help here, only ff back or forward solve playback

last two i don't remember on dm8000; dm7020, but often met on dm920

p.s.

permanent time-shift is ON

as internal storage is used Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

We cannot recreate this problem here. And I think that for most other people as well. It is therefore difficult to fix something that does not occur or occurs very rarely. Therefore, the priority is very low. Especially since neither the "Dreamone" nor the "Dreamtwo" is sold as a PVR. If you have content which them we easiely/reliable can reproduce the problem, we can maybe take a look at it if nothing else is important on our internal todo lists. But I can't make any promises for the reasons mentioned.

• We cannot recreate this problem here. And I think that for most other people as well. It is therefore difficult to fix something that does not occur or occurs very rarely. Therefore, the priority is very low. Especially since neither the "Dreamone" nor the "Dreamtwo" is sold as a PVR. If you have content which them we easiely/reliable can reproduce the problem, we can maybe take a look at it if nothing else is important on our internal todo lists. But I can't make any promises for the reasons mentioned.

That’s a bit ‘easy’ answer.. The box is not sold as a PVR so it’s not our problem. People buying a box for €300 may want to use all features possible! All dreamboxes can record by image.