Python Version der verschiedenen Boxen

• Telnet to the dreambox

Code
    opendreambox 2.6.0 dreambox

dreambox login: root
    Password:
    root@dreambox:~# py<tab>
    pyhtmlizer        python            python-config     python2           python2-config    python2.7         python2.7-config
    root@dreambox:~# python -V
    Python 2.7.13
    root@dreambox:~#

Two mit SSD, One, 7025-S, 7000-S

• Amazing :winking_face:

Python 2.7 have been shutdown and are no longer updated i was surten that latest OE 2.6 hade support for python 3

Is this going to be addresed soon obi  Reichi

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• Sorry if i sound a littl bit grumpy now :winking_face:

But why is it that This forum publish everything in German?? The most common language for Global users are English

All coding is done in English and so on

Or is Dreambox only for Germans??

Thanks for the link to Python 3 Joe99

• Maybe because >80% of the boxes are sold in DACH region, maybe ~10% in Italy and only <10% RoW :winking_face:

Also the deveolpers are germans, the company is german...

Oh and there is an English section in this board.

Didn't know I'm coding in English? :grinning_squinting_face:

• Maybe thats the reason why only 10% is sold world wide :winking_face:

You gave me a good :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: with your jokes...

I am from Sweden (Scandinavia) and here Dreambox was the number 1 choice but as the year progress other brands have taken over

Brands that ususal are referd to as running on an old outdated Enigma2. But they are moving on to Python 3 since the old python we are using

was stopped early this year. Also plugin creators are moving over to python 3. since the most Global users have turned away from Dreamboxes.

And that we still are stuck with an outdated python version is as bad as an outdated enigma2 when the future are forward :winking_face:

• Dunno who you concider as "we", but DP and some thirdparty DreamOS developers started working on converting to python3 way before others even thought about it. dhwz only said that the "cut" wont happen with OE2.6., not that its not happening at all.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Joey99 ()

• Well others have converted allredy so thinking about it does not solve the fact as you self state. Thirdparty developers are moving over to python 3

And if others who use OE 2.0 can do it i see no reason why "we" cant do it also.. And with we i mean us who are Dreambox/DreamOS users.

I am also pretty sure that Dream Property want to be at the tipp of the sword and not in the other end :winking_face:

And just so we dont have to be stuck in this whats best and not.

I love my Dreamboxes.. They work super.. And my involment with thirparty plugin for DreamOs is also very fun.

• Others dont use OE2.0. OE2.0 is Dream only. And read again what I just wrote. DP and thirdparty DreamOS developers are working on it for quite a while. Just because not everything is happening in public, doesnt mean it isnt happening.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Joey99 ()

• Well lets call "them" for what they are then.. OpenSorce (OE 2.0) images built on the OE-Alliance are using Python 3 now

Its over 1 year since it was announced that python 2.7 was to be cancel Januari 2020.

Its good news that DP and others are working on DreamOS to also move to Python 3 i did read that in your post :winking_face:

But as i said before see no reason why "them" can adapt who use an old outdated Enigma version when "we" are on the newest.

I just wonder why dhwz is claiming that we need a whole new OE for this??

• Now you are threding needles my friend :winking_face:

OE-Allince builds are common now as OE 2.0 images among regular users, And DreamOS are OE 2.5/2.6 by the same users

Then of cuase you are totaly correct but you get my point about the python question i assume :smiling_face:

• Yes i know that lots of plugin are py3 ready... I am involved in some of the development my self .

I also got my Dreamboxes sponsored by DP but i am not here to brag about my self or any project i am involved in.

I asked about the python version and when or if python3 is to be implemented, the answer at the moment is

We are running on python 2.7 and until there is a whole new OE we will run on python 2.7

The reason i guess that one of the Developers or Admins can answer better then you and me bitching about this :winking_face: