Problems on DM920

• Hi all I've a DM920 with the following tuner config:

Tuner A1:Si2166D (DVB-S2)
    Tuner A2:Si2166D (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B1:Si2169C (DVB-T2 / DVB-C)
    Tuner B2:Si2169C (DVB-T2 / DVB-C)

I've latest Dream Elite image installed (OE 2.5) and I've two problems:

First: I can recive TP 11,230 H and 11,290 H,qwhen I tune those two frequencies my DM locks those but when I star the serarching I receive 0 channels found. Also if I load a channel list (Vhannibal i.e.) and I select any channel on those TP the message: No data on TP (Time out in PAT reading see the pic). The signal on both TP is very good, also if I load an old Open Atv image using the same channel settings, the channels works fine. So I think drivers on OE 2.5 have problems with my tuner (Si2166D).

Second problem is with latest Tivusat Cam 4k, this cam is recognized by receiver, I can read all cam and card info, but all channels are not descrambled. If I load Open Atv the cam works fine but the sat tuner stop to works like there is a conflict between the cam and the tuner.

Can you help me to solve those problem without buy another sat tuner? , 11290.00

• You wrote that you have two problems and your conclusion is that the OE2.5 drivers might cause the problems.
    However you also wrote that with an openATV image there are no problems, right?

So I think your conclusion might be wrong because the original OE2.5 drivers must be good since everything works with an other image.

Suggestion: flash your receiver with an original DP image and find out if everything works. If so, start at that point making adjustments to the software at your receiver: plugins, maybe other image, etc.

If then any problems occur: get in contact with the developper(s) of the adjustments (you made), which probably are responsible for the error(s), i.e. Dream Elite Image, plugins, etc.

• this Si2166D tune failed problem sounds so similar

to Si2169D Sat1/Sat2 tuners independence problem,

which is hardware problem and solution isn't planned :frowning_face:

-> Triple Tuner Si2169D tuners independence problem

both tuners of Si2169D works well for independent transponders when they come from

a) sat + terrestrial

b) terrestrial + terrestrial

c) sat + sat looptrough mode, from the same cable, same sat position, same polarity and same band

but fails for two independent sat cables

in case you have only two sat cables, not four as me,

i can suggest replace your Si2166D+Si2169C by two Si2169D tuner modules,

then you can screw one sat cable and one terrestrial cable in each tuner module,

as result both sat cable will be independent and four independent terrestrials as bonus

• You wrote that you have two problems and your conclusion is that the OE2.5 drivers might cause the problems.
    However you also wrote that with an openATV image there are no problems, right?

So I think your conclusion might be wrong because the original OE2.5 drivers must be good since everything works with an other image.

Suggestion: flash your receiver with an original DP image and find out if everything works. If so, start at that point making adjustments to the software at your receiver: plugins, maybe other image, etc.

If then any problems occur: get in contact with the developper(s) of the adjustments (you made), which probably are responsible for the error(s), i.e. Dream Elite Image, plugins, etc.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I've flashed today the original DM image (latest unstable available) and I've the same problems: no reception on the two TP on sat at 51.5 Est, and cam 4k Tivusat still don't works.

With old Open Atv I can receive the channels, the cam is right recognized and works BUT the sat tuner stop to work when I insert the cam into any slot of receiver. To be more clear: if I insert the cam into receiver and reboot the DM it show me the last channel tuned in clear but if I try to change channel, anyone I select show me a NO SIGNAL message on the screen, also if I try to tune any sat frequencies I get zero signal, the other tuner (DVB-T) continues to works properly.

So I can't use the Open Atv to solve all problems because I solve just the reception on 51,5 est channels but I still can't use my 4k Tivusat cam.

I've read that other user (on other italian forum) has another dvb-s2x tuner the bcm45308x and with this one channels can be received with both images, also it works fine with Open Atv image and the 4k Tivusat cam. So I think somethig is wrong into software used by Si2166D tuner.

My terrestrial Si2169C works fine ever, I was going to replace the Si2166D with bcm45308x, what do you think about?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von satman72 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by satman72 into this post.