Split screen - aspect ratio

• buksti

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Spil screen - aspect ratio“ zu „Split screen - aspect ratio“ geändert.
  • You are Not getting the Idea of a Split screen:winking_face:

I am not sure I understand your answer. A picture should never get distorted/stretched. In my opinion the plugin is simply broken and almost unuseable in the current state where almost everything is transmitted in 16:9 and not 4:3 like in the past.

• Then you should User Picture in Picture and NOT Split a Screen.

And there you can Change pip sitze and Location.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• Haha. Don't get me started on the pip function... It is not possible get two pictures side by side using pip...

I want usability. Maybe I am asking too much and will need to realise that the development of the OS is almost dead...

• You May demand a Lot...and this is NOT an OS functionality....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• Why give me downvotes for a legitimate question?

I am sorry if any developers are offended. That was my intension.

But I cannot think of a use case where anybody would use the current split screen outside of an emergency. I have worked in the webdesign and image editing industry and a picture should always keep the correct proportions...

I thought we all had the same goal. To get the most out of our enigma2 receivers.

So the short answer to my inital question is:

"No, and we have no intention of listening to your request, the plugin works perfectly"

I get associations to a company named after a fruit...

• Maybe the function is not part of DreamOS, but it is available as a plugin.

I have DreamOS 4.3 2r7-2019-07-30

Image: Dream-Elite 6.0 20190731

My receiver is a DM900, and I have also access to a DM920.

• As long as you are not convincing us why we should waste 50% of our large TV's display you will NOT get anything.

Most modern TVs use various enhacements like stretching or cut off to show 4:3 content as good as possible on 16:9 panels - your webdesign and image processing experience is therefore NOT what the industry decided for.

• As long as you are not convincing us why we should waste 50% of our large TV's display you will NOT get anything.

Most modern TVs use various enhacements like stretching or cut off to show 4:3 content as good as possible on 16:9 panels - your webdesign and image processing experience is therefore NOT what the industry decided for.

Yes, the TVs did that in the past. Today most content is transmitted in native 16:9 with pillarbox when old 4:3 content is displayed. Some crop the picture in top and bottom to 14:9 as a middle way but I don't see that often anymore.

I know that enigma2 was created when SD was still the norm. Now HD is the norm.

DVB SD is usually 4:3 (480 or 576 vertical pixels)

DVB HD is 16:9 (720 or 1080 vertical pixels)

Now most channels are HD, so for that reason 16:9 is the format to use.

I am asking to implement an OPTION to view content with the correct proportions. If somebody prefers the current solution where both images get stretched then continue with that - I prefer correct proportions.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von buksti ()

• But the plugin is not provided by Dream Property. So, you better complain where the plugin is coming from...

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Nachdem das Split Screen eines MEINER Plugins ist kann ich nur dazu sagen, dass es technisch umzusetzen eigentlich nur das Austauschen der entsprechenden Koordinaten im Plugin benötigt - also 5min Arbeit.

ABER ich bin NICHT bereit jeweils 1/4 der Bildhöhe Oben und Unten zu schwarzen Streifen machen, NUR um dann zwei 16:9 Bilder nebeneinander unverzerrt darzustellen die dann netto aus HD Auflösung genau wieder die laut seinem Argument obsolete SD Auflösung machen.

Und zum Verzerrern - dann sollte er sich mal anschauen wie Technisch das Side by Side Verfahren beim 3D TV funktioniert :smiling_face:

LG

gutemine

• Zumal das Plugin ja wohl eher da ist um mal schnell parallel 2 Sachen zu verfolgen, da ist es meist auch egal welches Aspect-Ratio man dann sieht. Immer noch besser als auf 2 Mäusekinos zu starren.

• Ich versuche es ja die ganze Zeit zu erklären ... interessiert Ihn aber nicht ... er will lieber riesige schwarze Balken oben und unten....

• Zitat

also 5min Arbeit

Jeder normale Entwickler hätte dann doch einfach eine Option eingebaut und damit zusätzlich noch die Nutzer zufrieden gestellt, die es eben so möchten und alle wären zufrieden.

Stattdessen wird lieber 10min rumgelabert warum es (aus eigener Sicht) Nonsens ist.

Die Welt ist inzwischen irgendwie komplett verrückt... :upside_down_face:

Ich bin nicht faul sondern im Energiesparmodus!

• Das mag schon stimmen, aber es ist MEIN Plugin und ich mache es so wie ich es haben will.

Nachdem das Plugin eh fast überall missbraucht wird (inklusive VUnderboxen und Open*...) sollen Sie sich wenn Sie das haben wollen es selber machen.

Solange man MIR keinen sinnvollen Use Case dafür liefert mache ICH eben nix rein das ich eigentlich nicht haben will :winking_face:

Ich kann da sehr stur sein, aber auch sehr motiviert .... je nach dem ...

• ...anhand der Größe heutiger TV Geräte. Macht es schon Sinn das ganze proportional anzuzeigen.

Sind ja keine Mini Bildchen bei passender TV Grösse...

:winking_face:

* dm900 oe2.5 unstable GP4 * SSD 512gb * USB 64gb * SD 64gb * NAS * 42 *