Configuration Tuner:

Configuration mode: Simple

Mode: Single

Satellite: 23.5 E Astra 3B

Send DisEqC: No

SNR : 93% BER: 0

Problems:

Problem 1:

Only one lock on transponder 12032 . No lock on other transponders.

Problem 2:

With transponder 12032, I receive 18 services, but these are services who belong to Satellite Astra 19.2 and not to Astra 23.5

Problem 3:

With dvb-C , cable services FTA, on many services, I get " SID not found in PAT".

Question: I spent a long time to solve the problems, without result. Who would be so kind to solve the 3 problems for me. Best regards and thanks, Ivo

• First Get an Up to date satellites.xml then Scan again with delete

• you have a problem to use the first setting in the automatic channel search ???

• When you only receive Astra 23.5 but after executing a scan you have channels auf Astra 19.2, couldn't it be that your dish points to the wrong satellite?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Thank you, but is the dm525 combo, not able to select between satellite 23.5 and 19.2 ? The dish pointing between 23.5 and 19.2 is not much, only 4.3 °.

• If your LNB is pointed fixed to 19.2°E, it will never be able to receive signals from 23.5°E. The distance of >4° is way too much! This is the physics of the LNB and dish.

The Dreambox has nothing to do with that. It is an issue in the setup of your satellite dish.

Just in case: If we were talking about a motorized dish or multiple LNBS, you could of course change the reception with DiSEqC and alike. But this, again, is something that needs to be setup with the dish.

so long
    m0rphU

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m0rphU ()

• Good evening, did the following tests:

I did the setup from the dishes in an open space, without obstructions, no buildings or trees.

1 ) Dish Triax TD64 (60cm):

1.1) LNB Inverto ultra-black idlb- sinl40 -ultra -opp.

Result: No reception from Astra

2 ) Dish Triax TD88 (90cm):

1.1) LNB Inverto idlb- sinl40 .......

Result: No reception from Astra 23.5

1.2) LNB Konig Duo LNB Single KN- LNB-SM43.

Result: OK, Good reception from Astra 23.5.

Questions:

1) In normal conditions, you need in Belgium a 60cm dish to receive Astra 23.5. What is here going wrong ?

2 ) I prefere a 60cm dish, do I need better LNB's.

• Bad dish alignment, what else ? check also elevation and LNB Tilt !

• Thanks for your response. But why do I have only result with a 90cm dish and not with a 60 cm dish. Are there no doubts about fm525 sensitivity?

• If your Elevation and tilt is wrong, then you still could get reception If the dish is large enough....

• Thank you,

1 ) Do I have to adjust the azimuth and the elevation within a 0,1 mm accuracy ?

2) DM 525 satfinder option: In some occasions, the SNR bar blocks at for instance 66%, and by turning the dish (azimuth), the SNR shows and blocks at 66% and does not change.

• Try to find Out what the LNB tilt is.... and 1mm ist enough ...and satfinder needs a Transponder Frequency which Broadcasts on 23.5 the Default one ist useless.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• Dear Gutemine,

Thank you again.

1) Is the expression of the LNB tilt, equal with the LNB skew, and the accuracy is 1mm.

2) What is the accuracy for the setup of the elevation and azimuth of the dish itself. Also 1mm.

• I think you are from the Dutch/Flemish region.

1. Dish alignment is crucial. The smaller the dish, the more critical the alignment.

2. In duoLNB settings you would put the 19.2° LNB in the holder. The 23.5° LNB in a 11° tilt..

3. Depending on the firmware in your DM525 you may need an updated satellites.xml

There are no known problems with the tuner in the DM525. Mine (and others) work fine (with a properly aligned dish). Canal-Digital/TV-Vlaanderen en Ziggo work fine.

• Thank you guys. It was indeed the alignment of the dishes (60 cm and 90 cm). TV-Vlaanderen (Astra 23.5) works fine with the DM525 combo.

Last question. Can you explain to me the following expression "SID not found in PAT", and how to resolve It?