DiseqC 1.1 not working

• HI, i just received my DM 920 today, the tuners work if the cable is run directly to the dish but not with the diseqc 8 way 1.1 switch, I tested on the VU and the switch is fine, is there a particular setting I have to put on for the Diseqc commands to work?

I have tried commited and uncommited 1.1, checked the inputs but it tunes nothing, I have installed openatv and dream elite, but the diseqc still isnt working, any ideas could it be faulty?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davie ()

• It works with my 920:smiling_face: but LNB has to be Setup correctly.

But you are Not Posting your settings, hence Nobody can Help you ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• It works with my 920:smiling_face: but wach LNB hast to be Setup correctly.

But you are Not Posting your settings, hence Nobody can Help you ...

Thanks, I returned it as HM-Sat said the settings in the VU+ should be the same as the DM 920 and since it didnt work they said return it, I did set the settings the same even though DM had commited and uncommited options and it didn't work but on the VU+ solo 4k it did, I want to purchase another 920 as I liked it but Im worried the same problem occurs again

for example the switch is DiseqC 1.1 8 way switch

Astra 19 is on port 8

IN the dreambox I set it as

Advanced

Universal

Fast OFF/ON TRied Both

Voltage Increase OFF then I tried with ON

Diseqc 1.1

Commited input port 8 On/Off no difference

Repeat sequence Yes

Uncommited Port 8 On/OFF NO difference

Repeat, 1x, 2x, 3 x no difference

So does it sound like it was faulty? it wouldnt pick up any signal unless I connected the cable directly without the switch, THe Vu+ solo and Vu+ duo both work with the switch.

• No this Sounds more Like No understanding how DiseqC 1.1 works.

And for Sure I will Not comment in the Dealer's answer:fearful_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• No this Sounds more Like No understanding how DiseqC 1.1 works.

And for Sure I will Not comment in the Dealer's answer:fearful_face:

If thats the case then how come I understand how to get Diseqc to work on 3 X VU+ and Ferguson receivers in fact this DM920 was the first receiver ever not to work with DiseqC 1.1 commands and settings I inputted.

I believe the store was correct the receiver had a fault unless you can demonstrate a reason the same settings did not work?

• If you try comitted on/Off and State that No difference and are Not even changing the command sequence to uncomitted First and selecting correct Input 2 this Shows that you don't know what you are doing. This will only Adresse the 8th LNB If the uncommited command ist sent First to select Input 2 then a DiseqC D select afterwards to select Last lnb

Other Receivern could still Work with multiple repeats .... somehow, but this is simply Not correct and increases the zapping time between different SAT positions.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• If you try comitted on/Off and State that No difference and are Not even changing the command sequence to uncomitted First and selecting correct Input 2 this Shows that you don't know what you are doing. This will only Adresse the 8th LNB If the uncommited command ist sent First to select Input 2 then a DiseqC D select afterwards to select Last lnb

Other Receivern could still Work with multiple repeats .... somehow, but this is simply Not correct and increases the zapping time between different SAT positions.

Ah, you thought there were 2 switches? no there was only one switch, I did try different commands in squence, commited, uncommited vice versa and I tried just commited settings alone then just uncommited settings alone then both, nothing worked. It just wouldnt pick up a signal at all through teh switch not even thropugh input 1, thats why I want to know if the receiver seemed faulty or not, if not maybe it has a weaker tuner I dont know, I know I want to get another one but Im stuck now incase it doesnt work again.

• This understanding Just confirms my Statement. These 8 to 1 switches that you can buy are an uncomitted diseqC 1.1 Switch with 1 to 2 and then 2x DiseqC 1.0 with 1 to 4 behind in a single box. And the correct (!) commands therefore are 100% identical. Reason ist simply the DiseqC Standard only allowing These commands. The only other possible Alternative would be an uncomitted 1 to 4 and 4x 1 to 2 but as this means 5 vs 3 switches Always the cheaper setup with 3 is built and also because for 4 positions IT IS 1.0 downward compatible while the Second config ist not.

For making it Work with only the First 4 positions the Setup would be simple with DiseqC 1.0 and settings positions 1 to 4, but this way 5-8 will never work. So the Box ist almost 100% Sure Not faulty, DreamOS simply will Not allow totally wrong configs.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• So it’s ok to purchase another one. I would rather the dm920 to the Vu duo 4K, besides I bought a new dish with an in inverto multi lnb holder as I don’t need 8 inputs anymore this setup is standard diseqc, but I do need 2 CI+ slots hence the need for a new receiver.

Thanks for explaining the fact It didn’t work the same made me assume it was faulty and put me off getting another one, now I feel comfortable getting another one.

Also is 20m cable length ok for Diseqc with the DM920

• Looks more Like you have Not understood the Board Rules either.

• Looks more Like you have Not understood the Board Rules either.

It looks like you have a serious attitude problem, and to be honest you never actually proved the dreambox wasnt faulty so I rather listen to HM-SAT, as for the CI+, I can mention it Im not asking for software for it :winking_face: CI+ CI+

Besides with such a poor response rate on this forum an dyou being the best it has to offer im not surprised the VU+ is so much more popular, and it doesnt matter how the dreambox sends signals this is not a science project its based on convinience for the customer aka me, and since the DM phone line is busy most the time and no response via email I think its clear which receiver is better Chow

• You are asking for CI+ Slots which is against Board Rules, No Matter If you Like that or not.

• Working here with these settings:

DM920 UHD * Triple S2/S2X/C/T2+Dual C/T2 * HDD3TB
    Terrestrial, Cable, 0.9W, 5E, 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E