Transcoding

• Hi its a lot of reading but almost all is in German so sorry if i ask a question that have been asked and answerd before :)

I am also pretty new to working with Dreambox so my skills are somewhat outdated ;)

But is there no encoder in DreamOS?

If i check the /proc i cant find anything about encoder.

So i guess this has to be called in a diffrent way from DreamOS.

I have read on some other forums that Transcoding is broken? if so is this something thats going to be fixed or is it just gone for now?

Best Regards Seagen

• Does the DreamOne have an HDMI Input Plug? No, which means the Box could transcode only live TV or recordings and this would need to be done in Software - which ist curently simply not (yet) implemented.

Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling:

• Well then i learned something new to day ;) Did not know that the HDMI In port hade anything todo with Trancoding but that explaince a lot of why some STBs can Transcode

and others cant.

But is there any plans for a software transcoder or is thats oldschool with todays Internet getting faster and faster, we can do regular stream over an VPN if we are outside our home network.

I have aslo try the StreamServer but thats also is a bit hard to get working on the DM One UHD. Or does this also not work ?

I see that the header of the Web Interface says Beta

http://my dreambox ip/stream