• Hi its a lot of reading but almost all is in German so sorry if i ask a question that have been asked and answerd before :smiling_face:

I am also pretty new to working with Dreambox so my skills are somewhat outdated :winking_face:

But is there no encoder in DreamOS?

If i check the /proc i cant find anything about encoder.

So i guess this has to be called in a diffrent way from DreamOS.

I have read on some other forums that Transcoding is broken? if so is this something thats going to be fixed or is it just gone for now?

Best Regards Seagen

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• Does the DreamOne have an HDMI Input Plug? No, which means the Box could transcode only live TV or recordings and this would need to be done in Software - which ist curently simply not (yet) implemented.

• Well then i learned something new to day :winking_face: Did not know that the HDMI In port hade anything todo with Trancoding but that explaince a lot of why some STBs can Transcode

and others cant.

But is there any plans for a software transcoder or is thats oldschool with todays Internet getting faster and faster, we can do regular stream over an VPN if we are outside our home network.

I have aslo try the StreamServer but thats also is a bit hard to get working on the DM One UHD. Or does this also not work ?

I see that the header of the Web Interface says Beta

http://my dreambox ip/stream

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening