Flashing Dreambox One issue

• Hello Guys,

I just got a new dreambox one and this is my first dreambox ever (I have Vu+ Ultimo 4k so I am familiar with enigma 2 devices)

Anyways, the dreambox came with the original software 4.4.1r14-2019-07-07 (updated till today) and it says image experimental 2019-4-11

I tried to follow the instructions For pushing the device to rescue mode To flash new image but the device couldn’t read the IP address as am using WiFi network not lan I guess, (I can not use lan due to some network issues in my place) and when I try to use the commands to enter the rescue mode it keep says no such file and it does not accept the commands at all...

I am kinda new to dreambox so could u please provide me with some help here to flash an image without lan, or push the device to go to rescue mode and read the ip ?

Thanks in advance

• As you pointed out, the rescue mode does not support Wi-Fi. If you have some kind of spare Wi-Fi Access Point, Repeater, Game Adapter or anything else that can bridge the Wi-Fi to the LAN adapter, you could use the Rescue Loader for flashing via that bridged network.

Alternatively, people usually use a temporary LAN cable or so for flashing :winking_face:

There are also some plugins by gutemine to flash via the remote control or to create a flashable USB drive. But as I usually don't use them, I can't tell you anything specific there. I also don't know if these plugins are at all available for the one.

so long
    m0rphU

• original software 4.4.1r14-2019-07-07 (updated till today) and it says image experimental 2019-4-11

Just to avoid misunderstandings, the date is not relevant, if it was always updated until today then it also corresponds to the most current image. So it is not necessary to flash a new image.

• As you pointed out, the rescue mode does not support Wi-Fi. If you have some kind of spare Wi-Fi Access Point, Repeater, Game Adapter or anything else that can bridge the Wi-Fi to the LAN adapter, you could use the Rescue Loader for flashing via that bridged network.

Alternatively, people usually use a temporary LAN cable or so for flashing :winking_face:

There are also some plugins by gutemine to flash via the remote control or to create a flashable USB drive. But as I usually don't use them, I can't tell you anything specific there. I also don't know if these plugins are at all available for the one.

Thx for the reply.... so for now I do not have any access to lan so it will not work...

As for the plugins I tried to install dream flash plugin (I got it by searching online and found it on oozoon website) in dep and ipk formats but ipk not recognized by the box and dep says installed and I can not find it inside the plugins even after restarting the box

Am truly disappointed that I can not flash the box without lan :frowning_face:

• Just to avoid misunderstandings, the date is not relevant, if it was always updated until today then it also corresponds to the most current image. So it is not necessary to flash a new image.

You are right, but I can not install any plugins on this original image... even in the plugins feed inside this image I can not find the most popular plugins and panels, and I am thinking if I got a third party image it will contains more useful plugins ... also to be able to setup android image (I read somewhere that dream elite image allow to setup android on sd card) so I can get both enigma and android on the same box (that’s why I bought this box in the first place)

• dreamflash and dbackup plugin will work, but is not in plugins, see Setup menu

greetings pclin

Dreambox ONE, TWO, DM920UHD, DM900UHD, DM820HD HDD + USB-HUB, Stick 64GB, USB-HDD, Keyboard K400r, Wlan-Stick 11n

(Flash) DP-OE2.6 (BAXII) eigenes OE2.6, debian-buster, Diverse

(Flash) DP-OE2.5 (BAXII) eigenes OE2.5-e2+kodi+X, debian-stretch, Diverse
    ---

AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD

TV: LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap)

---

Hyperion (NG), Hyperion (Classic) mit Plugin HyperionControl auf der Dreambox ONE/TWO

ESP32 mit WLED Wlan 263 LED's SK6812-NW 60 LED/m

DM9x0 Plugin EnigmaLight, Hyperion (NG)

Ambilight for ever

• Only dBackup will work for you.

Sorry, dreamflash is not Supported.

Best for Recovery Mode for you, Buy Repeater with LAN Port (ca. 20,- €)

greetings pclin

• If you need Support, just ask gutemine OoZooN Board

greetings pclin

Dreambox ONE, TWO, DM920UHD, DM900UHD, DM820HD HDD + USB-HUB, Stick 64GB, USB-HDD, Keyboard K400r, Wlan-Stick 11n

---

---

Hyperion (NG), Hyperion (Classic) mit Plugin HyperionControl auf der Dreambox ONE/TWO

Ambilight for ever

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Wer sagt denn das DreamFlash auf der One nicht supporten ist:thinking_face:

Bei DreamUP würde ich dem schon eher zustimmen :smiling_face:

• Hatte ich eigentlich auch gedacht das es geht...

Deshalb hatte ich das auch in Post #6 geschrieben.

Hatte das vorhin versucht zu Installieren um für den TE Screenshots davon zumachen.

Code
    root@dreamone:~# dpkg -i /tmp/*.deb
    (Reading database ... 37192 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash_4.6-r4_all.deb ...
    Dream Flash installs/upgrades only in DreamOS on the dm7080, dm820, dm52x and dm9x0
    dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash_4.6-r4_all.deb (--install):
     subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash_4.6-r4_all.deb

Depends: python-twisted-web, enigma2, tar, xz

Sind natürlich drauf.

gruß pclin

---

---

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Stimmt den da etwas nicht im preinst?

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dreamflash_4.6-r4_all.deb ist doch die aktuellste Version?

gruß pclin

---

---

Ambilight for ever

• :thumbs_up:

Interessiert aber scheinbar eh keinen ...

• No ... DreamFlash is not so hard to find ...

• No ... DreamFlash is not so hard to find ...

I swear I did tried and got it 3 times from 3 different locations over the internet but all of them did not installed on my dreambox one

In VU+ we have some panels (like sat venus for example) that you can easily find and install most of the plugins u need... is there is any similar panels for dreambox?

Sorry for the too many questions just wanna learn from the experts

Thanks and I really appreciate your support

• Post #9

greetings pclin

---

---

Ambilight for ever