No Sound through HDMI

• Hi All,

I wondered if anyone here could help me with an issue I am having. I have recently bought a Marmitek HDTV Anywhere device which transmits the HDMI signal through Powerline. If I connect my DM7080 through HDMI directly to the TV then I get sound, but if I connect it to the HDTV Anywhere device then I do not get sound to this device.

I have found a workaround to this problem. On the DM7080, if I go into 'Menu/Setup/Picture and Sound/AV Settings' and then change the 'Video Output' setting from 'HDMI' to 'HDMI-PC' the picture disappears for a few seconds and then returns back to 'HDMI' because the format is not supported, however once I have done this, the sound comes on which is what I want. The trouble is that I have to do this same procedure every time I want to use the HDTV Anywhere device.

I have tried a plugin called 'Audio Restart' which I was hoping would solve the problem. It is meant to restart the audio a few seconds after returning from standby or a reboot. Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.

I wondered if anyone had any ideas on what I could try? Maybe there is another plugin or maybe a script that can reset the HDMI output just after startup.

I am running OE2.5 (4.3.2r3-6-gaa85e-2019-03-04).

If you need any more details I will happily supply them. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

dreamviewer

Official DM7080, 1.5m Motorised Dish.

• Hi All,

All that I really need is a command that will stop and start the video mode output from a terminal session. I think this will resolve the issue.

Does anyone know the command or can anyone perhaps point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help.

dreamviewer

Official DM7080, 1.5m Motorised Dish.