Can´t record in HDD

• I don´t know whats happening. I have the HDD mounted properly, but i can´t record anything there.

It gave me the message "Unconfigured storage devices found" , but i don´t know how could i do it.

I trying set the device as device by default in recordings but it don´t give the chance to change it.

Any thoughts?

• You have to add the harddisk in the device manager (settings > devices > storage devices). It has to be formatted as EXT3 or EXT4. After it was successfully mounted it must have a folder movie (/media/hdd/movie). Only if everything is successful recording will be enabled. You can check via telnet with the command mount whether the harddisk is mounted.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• I think is mounted but i think i don´t have this folder. How can i create it? Via PC? What´s the entire path?

I´ve check in file explorer but i can´t see the device folders

• you have to login via telnet (e.g. putty.org -> putty). first, you check whether the hdd is mounted with mount. If you see the hard disk, you can navigate to the mount by entering cd /media/hdd. last command is mkdir movie

Gruss
    Dre

• On the dreambox menu i can see is mounted and it appears in dreambox webcontrol, but this happened

umount: can't unmount /hdd: No such file or directory

>>> DONE <<<

root@dm900:~#

-------------------- < Script > ----------------------------

mkfs.ext3 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1; echo ">>> DON <v/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1; echo ">>> DONE <<<";

mke2fs 1.43-WIP (18-May-2015)

The file /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 does not exist and no size was specified.

>>> DONE <<<

mkdir /hdd/movie; echo ">>> DONE <<<";

mkdir: can't create directory '/hdd/movie': No such file or directory

>>> DONE <<<

mount /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd; echo ">>> DO <e/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd; echo ">>> DON E <<<";

mount: mount point /hdd does not exist

>>> DONE <<<

mkfs.ext3 /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1; echo ">>> DON <v/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1; echo ">>> DONE <<<";

mke2fs 1.43-WIP (18-May-2015)

The file /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 does not exist and no size was specified.

>>> DONE <<<

mkdir /hdd/movie; echo ">>> DONE <<<";

mkdir: can't create directory '/hdd/movie': No such file or directory

>>> DONE <<<

mount /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd; echo ">>> DO <e/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /hdd; echo ">>> DON E <<<";

mount: mount point /hdd does not exist

>>> DONE <<<

• Ignorinig error messages is never a good idea. Why don't you try to format with help of the device manager? Even if everything would be fine you still couldn't create a folder because you try /hdd instead of /media/hdd

I also think that the recording feature will only get enabled when you use the device manager

Gruss
    Dre

• I´ve formated several times in etx3 and ext4 and when i try to add in database manager it turn off because of error.

It doesn´t seem good. Anycase thanks a lot.

• which image are you using ???

/dev/ide... are device files from dm7025 which is almost 15 years too late.

• Do you really have a DM900 or DM920? As gutemine mentioned the commands are completely wrong for current boxes.

There's not been a Gemini Image for years.

Gruss
    Dre

• Looks like he uses an old DCC Version which is not even for enigma2 boxes, and DCC was never adapted for DreamOS either, hence it is more or less useless.