Dreambox dm920 IP Address ?

• HI
    Recently I have purchased DREAMBOX DM920 from amazon. Could you please look into the below issues & resolve the same.

1. Offen dreambox reboots with green screen crashlog saying "System has encountered problem & the box needs to be restarted"

2. For flashing, when I long pressed the power button on the front, then dreambox dm920 says " Rescue Mode waiting for dhcp" after that there is no IP address on lcd screen.

3 How will i identify dreambox ip addresss ?

4. DVB S2X Tuner scanning option is limited to few countries germany,brazil & astra satellite is only the option available for scan.

5. Could you please update me how to flash with the latest software & provide me the link.

Could you please help me out in resolving the above issues

Thanks

• 1. this is not a normal behaviour. Please post the crashlog stored in /media/hdd

2. looks like your router does not habe dhcp activated. You have to change that on your end.

3. it's shown on the display when in rescue mode. In normal mode it's in the settings.

4. looks like you're not using an original image. Please install image from dreamboxupdate.com

5. see above

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Respected SIr,

Thanks for your immediate reply,

2. Once dhcp activated on modem today.First I will start flashing dm920 & then come back to you.

One more question, for image install from dreamboxupdate.com, whether I need to consider stable or unstable version?

Thanks

• It's up to you, which version you choose. The unstable branch gets all updates first, which means that there are updates every few weeks. These updates are preliminary tested but might still contain bugs and errors.
    Whenever the unstable branch had reached a well tested and relatively bug free state, the stable branch will be updated. Of course this only happens very few times a year.

For me the unstable branch is the way to go, but I will always watch the forums before blindly updating.

so long
    m0rphU

• Respected Sir,

Could you please look into you updates on my point number 2

2. looks like your router does not habe dhcp activated. You have to change that on your end.

I have Enabled & checked DHCP on my modem using DHCP Server & DHCP Relay, still the issue is not resolved & dreambox dm920 says "Rescue Mode waiting for dhcp" after that there is no IP address on lcd screen

Could you please extend your help resolving the above issues.

Thanks

• Respected Sir,

Could you please look into your updates on my point number 3 also

3. it's shown on the display when in rescue mode. In normal mode it's in the settings.

Modem/Router has given the IP address & it's available under setup-> Network -> Network setup ->"

Now could you please update me, with the help of the ip address from settings, whether its possible to flash my dream box dm920 ? Please guide me how to proceed with the flash.

• it is also possible to configure a static IP via serial connection (USB service port) when alredy booted to the rescue mode

login as root an configure the NIC according to your subnet with ifconfig (use a free IP in your subnet, e.g 192.168.1.0/24)

ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.78 netmask 255.255.255.0

than you can update the firmware of your box via the webinterface:

Code
    http://192.168.1.78

Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()

• It is very likely that router will issue the same IP that you see in the settings in normal mode. So just boot into rescue mode and try to reach that IP in your Browser. If you see strange results, try clearing the browser cache.

so long
    m0rphU

• Yes, IP is noted by me in the settings in normal mode also.

Yes, I boot into rescue mode and reached that IP in MY Browser.(this ip has taken total control of my dreambox dm920 on my computer screen)

Next how will I flash ? Could you please update me the steps for flashing.

• Better use DreamFlash Plugin to Update rescue loader online and Flash latest Image directly from USB

• Respected Sir,

Could you please let me know step by step

1.how to use DreamFlash Plugin to Update rescue loader online & where to download.
    2. Flash latest Image directly from USB

Since i am an management graduate. I have very very less knowledge in software.
    Could you please help me out in resolving the same.

• DreamFlash Plugin has a Kit and Support Thread in OoZooN's Board.

• Respected Sir,

I have installed the below plugins into dm920 via dreambox control center and installation was was successful.

Enigma2-plugin-system plugins-dreamflash_4.5-r5_all.deb

Enigma2 plugin system plugins-dreamflash_4.5-r5_all.ipk

Now i have inserted usb into dm920 with the below image (Unstable version)

dreambox-image-deb dm920-20190312.tar.xz

Switched off & switched on the dm920

Went intot setup-> software management-> dreamflash

Automatically system recognised USB & The message on lcd screen was "" installing tax.xz ""

I do not know whether flash is installed or not & taking long time.

When installation, whether I need to switch off or switch on the internet connection ?

Could you please help me out in the installing

• Wrong board, and you were already told multiply in the DreamFlash Kit and support Thread at OoZooN what you need to do for a correct installation of the recent kit.

I also told you that you should FIRST use recent Rescue Loader BEVORE the first USB Flashing of an Unstable Image....

• Respected Sir,

Dreambox dm920

Satellites are listed to 4 satellites+multi satellite I & 2

How will I update all the satellites ? & sellect my preferred satellite for FTA.

How will i activate various enigma 2 plugins, for full utilization of the box.

• You seriously can't expect anyone to identify anything on this blurred picture. Please attach the crashlog you can download from /media/hdd

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Iam unable collect my step by step previous discussions with gutemine on oozoon board regarding dream box dm920 software upgrading.

Now I am not able to access oozoon board

Could you please help me out on this

Mean while I will download cash log