• Hi:
    Place help me .I can not recorder from my Dreambox 520 to flash memory 32G .what i do to solve this problem.and learn my how.
    thanks

• That's luckily very easy to accomplish. Alas we need just a little extra info.

First a little information: The DM520/525 is sold as a 'zapper'. This means -to evade extra taxes- that the recording function is disabled in the original firmware. So when you first setup the box with the original firmware you can throw any recording device at it... It will simply not record.
    But.... it is only a software block.. You have 2 options:

Keep using the original firmware (I prefer DreamOS 2.5) and simply edit the file 'settings.xml' which resides in /etc/enigma2. Find the line ........recordings=false and change into recordings=true... Keep in mind that enigma needs to be stopped first... Or
    Install the Userscrips plugin from OzOon board and set recordings to enable....

After the settings file has been succesfully changed, restart the box and record to your heart's content...

• Won't help as he wants to record to the flash-memory. It will quite likely fail because of the free space check. And it's never a good idea to record to internal flash

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• I'm pretty sure that the dm520 doesn't have 32GB Flash memory :P

Probably he wants to use a 32GB USB Stick as Harddisk replacement.

Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling:

• I think he meant flash as in a flash-drive i.e. a USB stick :)
    I think even he understands that the DM520/525 does not have 32Gb flash space. That is....unless you have installed MrBig. Again thanks to Gutemine....