DM820 network issue eth0: link is not ready​

• Hello ...
    My Dreambox DM 820HD network interface stop working Suddenly ,,, I've tried all possibilities to bring it up with no successful...

I'm able to login through USB serial terminal using putty. with Rescue Mode but also without IP I can run commands easily
    and through terminal I try to bringup the network up. got error

even if I add static IP not able to have network.
    ------
    I've add the rescue bin files on USB flash and mount it and copy the files to /tmp
    then run it on rescue mode

Bash
    flash-rescue vmlinux.gz-rescue-3.4-r1-dm820-20181017.bin

and give result successful but sill network not up
    -------------

I've read some thread that to go to CFE by Pressing Ctrl-C , with rescue mode but box always starts to the end. not able to catch CFE>

my request how to go with CFE with proper way

I've upload the output from Putty contains boot startputty.txt

There is some things to help me?

• I had the the same issue yesterday: no network after reboot, no blinking LED on the NIC, no network interfaces in the network settings.

After changing the network cable and some failed attempts to start the network via serial connection I thougt the box is defective. So I checked if the box will receive an IP via DHCP in the rescue mode. The 1st attempt has failed, but on the 2nd one the box received an IP. After the reboot the NIC and (static) IP was also back in normal boot mode.

So please try for serveral times if the box will receive an IP on bootup to the rescue mode.

Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox

• I had the the same issue yesterday: no network after reboot, no blinking LED on the NIC, no network interfaces in the network settings.

After changing the network cable and some failed attempts to start the network via serial connection I thougt the box is defective. So I checked if the box will receive an IP via DHCP in the rescue mode. The 1st attempt has failed, but on the 2nd one the box received an IP. After the reboot the NIC and (static) IP was also back in normal boot mode.

So please try for serveral times if the box will receive an IP on bootup to the rescue mode.

thank you .
    unfortly I've try several times with no successful ..Ethernet port i guess it's dead.. for time been I'm using USB Wi-Fi Adapter (Tenda) is compatible with it .. but looking for USB Ethernet Adapter ..that compatible with it
    or fix the Ethernet :smiling_face:

so any one could please help me

thanks

• this adapter will work: Edimax EU-4208 USB2.0/LAN adapter
    Chipset: Asix IC AX88772B

you will find the necessary drivers for this chipset on http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/ for your dreambox: kernel-module-asix (for ASIX AX8817X based USB 2.0 Ethernet Devices)

after installing the driveres the adapter should be detected automaticly

Code
    root@dm820:~# dmesg
    [177469.718000] asix 2-1:1.0: eth1: register 'asix' at usb-ehci_hcd-1, ASIX AX88772 USB 2.0 Ethernet, 00:50:b6:xx:xx:xx
    [177469.720000] usbcore: registered new interface driver asix
    [177470.485000] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
    root@dm820:~#

so you have to find an adapter with an ASIX AX8817X based chipset

Gruß Fred

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()

• thank you for your effort

I found that the (Apple USB Ethernet Adapter A1277) working like charm after I had install

kernel-module-asix as well as well as kernel-module-usbnet

with following steps

I install drivers on flash usb then connect it to dreambox

mount the usb flash with

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
    cp kernel-module-usbnet_3.4-r1.13_mipsel.deb /tmp/

cp kernel-module-asix_3.4-r1.13_mipsel.deb /tmp/

cd /tmp

dpkg -i kernel-module-usbnet_3.4-r1.13_mipsel.deb

dpkg -i kernel-module-asix_3.4-r1.13_mipsel.deb

• sorry, I forgot to mention the kernel-module-usbnet, this module will be installed automaticly as dependency when using apt-get when online ...

but fine, when it's working now

Gruß Fred

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fred Bogus Trumper ()