Find a service based on TID and SID?

  • I just wonder if there is a website or some other resource that would allow me to find a service based on TID and SID? I mean something like LyngSat or KingOfSat, only with better search and filtering options.

    For example, I would like to figure out the name of the service with TID 33 and SID 47. I think this is a German regional TV channel. But I don't remember its name. All I have is the reference number.

    Edited once, last by ssh ().

  • Note! The reference numbers you find in a user bouquet is different from that of the lamedb that stores the service name.

    Content of file:

    #SERVICE 1:0:1:2F:21:85:C00000:0:0:0:

    Pattern: *:*:*:SID:TID:NID:NS:*:*:*:

    Only the significant ID numbers and their position are marked up.

    Content of lamedb file:


    Pattern: SID:NS:TID:NID:*:*

    Using the lamedb when available is by far the easiest way to figure out the name of any given service or channel, without using any utility software.

  • I realize this is an old thread, but I would like to add a few bits here.

    First of all, a short explainer why I was interested in this. When you open a "bouquet" (favorites list) on your Dreambox and it says <n/a> then you don't know what TV channel (or service) was at that position. Once it's gone, it's gone. There is no (easy) way to figure out what is missing (I don't have all my TV channels and their position memorized). So I was investigating what channel has been lost in one of my channel lists. I eventually figured it out by cross referencing the lamedb file (a lame database file).

    Secondly, I had not one but two complete lists of German channels lost today. One of my kids was messing around with the remote control and accidentally rendered two lists useless. Try to picture one of your channel lists looking something like this:


    Astra 19.2E was completely dropped it would seem. I didn't really lose anything from the lists, it's just that the system had no clue what to display for those given entries. I hypothesized that if I did an automatic scan, the system would probably restore the channel names. It worked as expected and all the channels have now been restored.

    Well, all but one channel it seems. But thanks to this thread, I was able to help myself and I have figured out what channel it was.

    The missing and unknown channel in the list:

    #SERVICE 1:0:19:526C:41D:1:C00000:0:0:0:

    Again, the pattern is:


    SID is a short for Service ID

    TID is a short for Transponder ID

    NID is a short for Network ID

    NS is most likely a short for Name Space (my best guess)

    So in this example SID is 526C, TID is 41D, NID is 1 and NS is C00000.

    To get a human friendly name for this nonsense you have to cross-reference it with the lamedb file. The format it slightly different though.

    It should translate to something like this:


    You have to add some padding to the numbers, like TID for example is not 41d but 041d and so on.

    This appears to be an old channel by the name of "Anixe Serie HD". A reference from another user's list is given below.…annels/page-3#entry584095

    A reference from another user's lamdb file is given below (I'm surprised I got this right and got this match from Google).…blob/master/lamedb5#L1150

    No one sane will probably ever go through all this trouble. I keep telling myself that I only do this to keep my sanity (not so sure about that though). In any case, if you want to play detective like I do, maybe write your own decoder for this sort of thing I hope you find this useful.