Dreambox Edit

• I plan on flashing my box so I downloaded the settings using Dreambox Edit. But I ran into some errors as you can see below.

Followed by...

What are the invalid definitions and references? What are the unknown service references?

Is there a logging feature in this program that will tell me more? I looked in the install directory, could not find any.

I would like to verify that the downloaded settings are not corrupted before I flash the box so that I may restore them later with success.

• Code
    Warning  2019-01-12 11:47:10 Unknown TV Favourite (userbouquet.favourites.tv) without corresponding service not loaded
    Warning  2019-01-12 11:47:10 -- data: #SERVICE 1:0:19:2889:40F:1:C00000:0:0:0: bouquet: Favourites (TV))Warning  2019-01-12 11:47:10 Unknown TV Favourite (userbouquet.favourites.tv) without corresponding service not loadedWarning  2019-01-12 11:47:10 -- data: #SERVICE 1:0:19:2B84:3F3:1:C00000:0:0:0: bouquet: Favourites (TV))

A "tv favourite" is a file with the file extension ".tv" of course. This is a user bouquet.

But what does it mean when you say that it needs to correspond to a service? What is a "service" in this context?

According to the settings, services should be located inside /etc/enigma2... in what file? In lamedb? What am I looking for here? File name references (userbouquet.favourites.tv) or the service number reference (data)?

#SERVICE 1:0:19:2889:40F:1:C00000:0:0:0

Can you break this down for me please? What am I looking at here? Sat, Fec, Freq, etc?

Here is an example from lamedb.

Code
    00d2:00320000:0002:0055:1:0
    ATG EU BSS
    p:NSAB

It doesn't seem to use the same format, and there are less parameters here.

Also, when it says "not loaded", does that mean it's just not loaded by DBE, but the file is still received from the box? Because I can see that I have userbouquet.favourites.tv in my local folder on the computer:

Code
    #SERVICE 1:0:19:2887:40F:1:C00000:0:0:0:
    #SERVICE 1:0:19:2888:40F:1:C00000:0:0:0:
    #SERVICE 1:0:19:2889:40F:1:C00000:0:0:0:
    #SERVICE 1:0:19:2872:425:1:C00000:0:0:0:

As you can see it's still there. So it's not like it has disappeared. So it is just filtered out in DBE itself? And if I later push/uploaded the settings as they appear in DBE back to the box it will get rid of these redundant lines? I clearly have duplicates.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ssh ()

• I cannot fully explain how the references between bouquets and lamedb differ, but you can translate one to the other. However, the lamedb contains all valid service references and thus outdated ones in the bouquets will be shown as "N/A" on enigma2. The lamedb is single source of truth and the only thing that is changed in a service scan by enigma2.

In DreamboxEdit, outdated references are removed on load. However, I guess that the changes won't be written to your local files until you click "Save" in DreamboxEdit :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• In DreamboxEdit, outdated references are removed on load. However, I guess that the changes won't be written to your local files until you click "Save" in DreamboxEdit

Yeah that seems to be the case. So the files are received as they are (including the bad references) but only the good references are displayed in BDE. So it should be a good way to get rid of the bad references. Just receive the files as they are from the box, BDE then loads them as they are (inncluding bad references) from the local computer folder, and you then just send the working set from BDE to the box and it should be all good.

That's the theory at least...

I cannot fully explain how the references between bouquets and lamedb differ, but you can translate one to the other.

It is indeed the "lamedb" file that's referenced. I am trying to understand its meaning. This is what I got so far...

Code
    1:0:2:3AE:4E84:16E:A00000:0:0:0
    2(hex) = 2(dec) = Service Type
    4E84(hex) = 20100(dec) = Transponder ID
    3AE(hex) = 942(dec) = Service ID
    A00000(hex) = 10485760(dec) = Namespace
    16E(hex) = 366(dec) = Network ID

So it's like this...

? : ? : Service Type : Service ID : Transponder ID : Network ID : Namespace : ? : ? : ? :

I have some gaps to fill as you can see.

However, the lamedb contains all valid service references and thus outdated ones in the bouquets will be shown as "N/A" on enigma2. The lamedb is single source of truth and the only thing that is changed in a service scan by enigma2.

I did have "N/A" for maybe five services in my bouquets as I had to manually restore my bouquets, reconfigure the tuner and do a service scan.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ssh ()

• No DVB = 1

In other words digital receiver?...

• I can't type anything in these two fields.

Now I can type in the right field... after removing over 3000 services... now working with only 81.

But I still can't seem to use the left field. The cursor is not even blinking.

• But I still can't seem to use the left field. The cursor is not even blinking.

Now I can...

But only after typing in something in the right field and then stepping back with Shift+Tab. I could not click inside the left field.

Performance issue?... I can't imagine that it's mandatory to type something in the right field before I can type something in the left field. I should be able to type into either one of these fields independently.

I think it's a performance issue. I should not have to remove over 3000 services before being able to use the filters.

• The lamedb is single source of truth and the only thing that is changed in a service scan by enigma2.

By "change" you mean adding services to lamedb? Surely, service references are not modified simply by doing a service scan?

Given...

1:0:2:E42:1C20:13E:820000:0:0:0

This reference stays the same, even after a service scan? Even if you add some new services to the list (lamedb)? I guess they will be just appended to the end of the file.

Because if this reference is modified (not likely) to something like...

1:0:2:E42:1C20:10E:820700:0:0:0

Then this new reference needs to be added to all bouquets that use it. I guess you can call it downstream update, given that the lamedb is the single source of truth (master). Making changes upstreams, i.e. modifying the reference inside a bouquet would not propagate to the lamedb. In my particular case, what I think happened is, my bouquets contained duplicate references to the same services found in lamedb.

• I tried to modify the settings for Penthouse TV by adding all the flags (K, H, P, N).

Before...

1:0:19:26B3:43E:1:C00000:0:0:0

After...

Nothing changed in the reference. I also tried modifying the service type and ID to 2 and 9999.

Before...

After...

1:0:2:270F:43E:1:C00000:0:0:0

DVB:FLAGS:

What did you mean by flags? The K, H, P, N flags? They don't seem to be included in the service reference.

• If you do a service scan, there is the option "Delete before scanning" (or so, never checked the English text :D). This means, that the lamedb will be deleted and recreated during the scan. If the services parameters didn't change, the reference will turn out to be exactly the same. If they changed, you will need to re-add the service to the bouquet.

Despite adding or removing services, there shouldn't be any changes to the references in the bouquets.

In other words digital receiver?...

I don't think so. I think DVB in contrast to e.g. RTSP, HLS (IPTV), etc.
    E.g. a 8193 as first value is now used for streams through a plugin as Youtube (will only work in OE 2.5) eServiceUri - a proxy service for python-powered dynamic stream url resolving

so long
    m0rphU

• I tried to send the modified files (without bad references) back to the box and the transfer failed.

I think I ran into the same issue with File Zilla recently where the FTP connection breaks when trying to upload or download some file, but directory listing and login works fine. This may have something to do with FTP mode.

• Setting Active mode did not help. It causes the program to freeze and stop responding for a few seconds.

So I guess I will have to do this manually again after I flash the box a second time? At least I was able to download everything with DBE.

• Flashed and all bouquets and services restored.

DBE doesn't seem to backup the tuner configuration. I keep seeing this over and over again, where I have to reconfigure it manually. I thought this was done in one of the XML files. But I guess not.

Also, I had to enable multi bouquet setting manually to be able to see my personal user bouquets. I dropped out of the configuration wizard right after configuring the video output, otherwise the wizard will ask about this.

Now where is the tuner configuration stored? Is it not in the "settings" file?

• I am not sure if anything was modified at all by DBE regarding tuner configuration. I don't think it was. I think BDE can only backup tuner configuration, it cannot restore it.

It is true, "settings" file holds tuner configuration. After sending the backup file set to the box using BDE, all services and bouquets were restored. Except for multi-bouquet setting which I had to enable manually. And the settings file was only 2 kB when it should have been 3 kB after restore.

So this whole section was missing in the restored settings file.

Code
    config.Nims.0.powerMeasurement=false
    config.Nims.0.simpleDiSEqCOnlyOnSatChange=true
    config.Nims.0.diseqcB=160
    config.Nims.0.diseqcC=130
    config.Nims.0.diseqcD=50
    config.Nims.0.configMode=simple
    config.Nims.0.diseqcMode=diseqc_a_b_c_d

So it's no wonder I was getting the "Service unavailable!: Check tuner configuration!" error.

I then sent it to the box via FTP (WinSCP is better than FileZilla for this in my experience) and rebooted. The 3 kB file was uploaded and overwrote the old 2 kB settings file on the box. But that didn't help. So I had to go in and configure the tuner manually. After that I was able to tune into my TV channels. No need to reboot. Everything works fine now.

How come tuner configuration is not applied? Not even after I uploaded it back to the box over FTP?... it's as if the box needs to run some init command before it accepts modified settings file.