Disable HDMI CEC on DM500 HD?

• Hello!

I recently flashed my DM500 HD to use the latest OE 2.0 and Enigma2 available. I am all settled in now, except the TV powers on whenever I power on the receiver. Can I disable this somehow please? It's OK that it changes the HDMI source automatically while the TV is powered on. But I don't want it to power on my TV when I have it powered on. I like to use my Dreambox remotely so there is no need to have it power my TV on whenever I power the Dreambox on remotely.

Like... is there a command line tool for disabling CEC? Or changing its behavior so that it does not power on my TV? It's not likely that I will find any option for this on the GUI. I have seen what that CEC option looks like on the system menu of DM920 UHD and yeah... I have nothing like that on my menu.

• Thank you all! :thumbs_up:

I found it!

It is not under Devices... I don't think I have this menu... it's Menu -> HDMI CEC.

But I went over the System menu and I could swear that the option "HDMI CEC" was not there for the past three to four days that I have had this new image. All I could see when I went to the next page was "Crashlog settings" and "Temperature and Fan control".

I suspect there was some kind of glitch (bug?) in the GUI. The only thing I did now is that I was poking around at different settings via telnet. I was opening /etc/enigma2/settings and a bunch of Python source files in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/ and so on. I know this will sound odd... but maybe, just maybe... some of that poking around triggered the GUI elements to fall into place? I have no idea honestly...

Anyhow, I thank you for your help!

I still wonder is there a HDMI CEC command utility? Or is it just a matter of editing the settings file?

• opkg update && opkg remove enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hdmicec
    reboot

Why remove "enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hdmicec"?

Does the HDMI CEC GUI option require a plugin? Is it not native to the system/enigma2?

• Why remove "enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-hdmicec"?
    Does the HDMI CEC GUI option require a plugin? Is it not native to the system/enigma2?

enigma2 is built in a very modular way, so that even integrated "native" functions are provided by separated plugin packages. CEC is such a feature, the Teletext, HbbTV, GraphMultiEPG, etc. are other such features.
    So yeah. It would be safe to uninstall the whole CEC plugin if you do not need it.

But I am 100% sure that there is also a CEC settings screen somewhere. However, the menu has been restructured since and I have completely forgotten how it looked like on the 500HD. Maybe look for CEC in Settings -> System?

Schnubbel: Please do not confuse the OP with screens from DreamOS. The menus have changed quite a bit since OE 2.0 :winking_face:

Edit: Ah, nevermind. It was in Settings -> System :grinning_squinting_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Thanks for clarifying!

It's not that I don't want it. But as I explained, I don't want to power on my TV when watching my Dreambox remotely. When I press the power button on the Dreambox remote, it sends the following two commands.

1. Wake the TV from standby.
    2. Change source on TV.

It's this first command that I want to prevent if it's possible somehow. I would find the second command useful. Is this possible?

• But I am 100% sure that there is also a CEC settings screen somewhere.

There is...

But I don't see how this can help me prevent the Dreambox from waking up my TV when I watch it remotely.

Is it possible to disable sending power events, but enable sending source switch events?

• Is it possible to disable sending power events, but enable sending source switch events?

I'm afraid that it's not. In DreamOS there are more options, but in 500HD CEC features were still very basic.

But you might be lucky with your TVs CEC settings (VieraLink, Simplink, etc. as the different brands call it). In my old Panasonic there was a setting to disable power events for CEC specifcally without disabling CEC in total. So the Dreambox would still send the power signal but your TV wouldn't react.

so long
    m0rphU

• In DreamOS there are more options, but in 500HD CEC features were still very basic.

What options do you have in DreamOS? I am just curious.

But you might be lucky with your TVs CEC settings (VieraLink, Simplink, etc. as the different brands call it). In my old Panasonic there was a setting to disable power events for CEC specifcally without disabling CEC in total. So the Dreambox would still send the power signal but your TV wouldn't react.

Great idea! But I was not so lucky... it's either on or off. Between, mine is called Anynet+ as I have a Samsung TV.

• Wow! I would need granular control like that.

What system version adds all this goodness? I was thinking about getting a DM525 HD as my next receiver. Would this include such options?

• Yes. All newer models (7080, 820, 520, 525, 900, 920) come with DreamOS. The next receiver on the list might be the Dreambox One, but there are no definitve information out yet (however, speculations go on since last summer).

But keep in mind that the 525 is another low cost Dreambox with very limited resources. E.g. it will be difficult to run MediaPortal or FullHD Skins.

so long
    m0rphU