[Solved] HDMI CEC - TV switches dreambox on, but then dreambox switches suddenly off

• Hi,

I have been using the TV to switch on my dreambox since ever, because my TV (Samsung LE46A950) never wanted to be switched on by dreambox.
    This worked quite reliable until a recent update of my DM7080.

Now whenever I switch the TV on, the dreambox starts too, but after few seconds the dreambox switches off again.
    When I then switch the dreambox on too soon after that it switches on and few seconds later off again.
    When I power on the dreambox again it stays on.

I have tried to tune the CEC settings, but no success.
    See my current settings screenshot and the log in the attached files.

thanks for any hint

PiGeon

• Yesterday I spent half of the day playing with the settings again, but without any influence on the issue.
    In the end I came to the idea disconnect the TV from power supply and guess what?
    it helped...
    it looks like the TV cached something and disturbed the CEC communication somehow.

PiGeon

• You can also try it again with your SamsungTV:

• Change the Power Handling settings („Send....“ on, „Power on/off...“ off).
    • Keep sure that Samsungs CEC („Anynet“) ist on.
    • Restart devices (Dreambox AND TV). If in doubt, disconnect from the power.
    • Then try to start the Dreambox (not TV). Your TV should start too.
    • Now power off your Dreambox. Your TV should shut down automaticly.

Optional (my current settings, also with SamsungTV, but not sure if a help for your problem)

• The first 5 options in „Special Event Handlers“ off, the last two on
    • „Enable vendor specific handling“ off

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Belp ()

• Hi Belp,
    thanks for trying to help.
    But I will leave the way I power it on, the way it has been since I bought it.
    Because with the TV model I have, powering on the TV with dreambox works just a while.
    Always only until the TV is in standby for a longer time, then the TV ends up in a state where it ignores any CEC commands.
    This happens in 100% cases over night.

I have just changed it little bit more to make it working better when changing the HDMI inputs on TV.
    When I now change the HDMI source from HDMI1 (DM7080) to HDMI3 (NUC) the dreambox goes to standby and vice versa.
    Attached are the screenshots with the options how I currently have it.

regards

PiGeon