DM 520 Hd Test

• Just bought this box testing, not happy at all, OE 2.5 images are very bad, it look like this OE 2.5 move from Dream Multimedia was very bad decision, OpenATV image work well but not happy with that either, i used to sell satellite receivers, tested hundred of them, OpenPli was correct not to support you with this move, i had tested many boxes from Dream Multi Media, they were great, this OE 2.5 move is absolutely CRAP, abandon this and go back to OE 2, 2.2, never mind, i will send the box back.

• I have done and seen so many really cool things implemented because it is now possible with the latest DreamOS. But I guess I know what your focus is...

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• It will cost me money to send the box back, no I have clue, maybe I made some mistakes on the OE 2, 2.2, 2.5 i do not know that side very well, but I'm very good on testing the satellite receiver, trust me very good, it does not take me long to see if the software is good or not, the hardware is good software crap, my focus is to have good software on the box, to work properly, we will see the future will tell, if I'm wrong, or you are wrong.
    This is what i think, myself i will not buy again.

• @LookAtYou
    You are funny guy :thumbs_up:
    If you think OpenAtv or OpenPli ist "good Software"

Have a nice day

DMOneUHDsc-OE2.6 | DM920UHDsc-OE2.5 | DM800SEc-OE2.0 | DM800HDs-OE2.0 |

You'll Never Walk Alone!

• I'm very good on testing the satellite receiver, trust me very good, it does not take me long to see if the software is good or not,

:thumbs_up: Best joke long time ago i had read. :thumbs_up:
    I think DreamOS is the best Linux based Settopbox Firmware.

>> Wir Schweizer haben die Uhren, aber keine Zeit ! <<

• It will cost me money to send the box back, no I have clue, maybe I made some mistakes on the OE 2, 2.2, 2.5 i do not know that side very well, but I'm very good on testing the satellite receiver, trust me very good, it does not take me long to see if the software is good or not, the hardware is good software crap, my focus is to have good software on the box, to work properly, we will see the future will tell, if I'm wrong, or you are wrong.
    This is what i think, myself i will not buy again.

I think I know it because, maybe because it does not find the feeds as softc ... for the images .deb that's why but just looking in google finds everything and then I have many customers with the 520 with melrlin image + GP3 and they are all enthusiastic, so friend I do not know what problems you have .. :smiling_face:

• A Dreambox owner since 2004. Had all kinds of models ranging from the DM7000s upto the DM920 and everything in between. I have seen the software grow from amateur Linux images that crashed ever so often (Hydra Angharad, Nautilus etc). Every software build got better and better. In my defence I can vouch for the current OE 2.5 and 2.2 version on both my DM525-Combo and DM920. It is one of the most stable firmware versions found for the Dreambox AND with the latest drivers offering the latest features...

Off course.. no software is 100% bug free, but you will have a hard time finding any better..

• OE 2.5 Images are unstable, and OpenATV picture quality is no good, Remote Control Slow, because the drivers are for OE 2.5, and OpenATV 2.2 based on OpenPli, but OpenPli is not supporting Dream boxes any longer, the combination is no good, is it?
    I have nothing against Multi Media trust me, but just been honest, i have lot on connections, i have 1200 channels on my sony smart tv, other enigma 2 box loaded on the other room, android box with 20000 channels, you are not talking to amateur here, i can not find the feeds, you are joking, i have tested the cheapest boxes from China to the most expensive ones like Vu+ etc, i'm registered in many satellite forums, and i have helped people from around the world, i just wanted to test this box, have not been using Dreambox for long time, i test boxes and sell them to friends, relatives, because they trust me, and ask me to buy for them, i do not watch lot of TV, only sport, this is hobby for me, we all make mistakes, Giant like Microsoft made mistake with Windows Vista, criticism is good, all the best.

• OE 2.5 Images are unstable, and OpenATV picture quality is no good, Remote Control Slow, because the drivers are for OE 2.5, and OpenATV 2.2 based on OpenPli, but OpenPli is not supporting Dream boxes any longer, the combination is no good, is it?

Nothing in this sentense is correct, which qualifies you as having no clue at all...

• @LookAtMe
    What do you really want to achieve with this tread?
    Do you need help, or would you like only "troll" a little bit around ? :confused_face:

By the way, my DM900 with OE2.5 DreamOS is extremely stable. I think you have installed anything that not really OE2.5 compatible.

>> Wir Schweizer haben die Uhren, aber keine Zeit ! <<

I have nothing against Multi Media trust me, but just been honest, i have lot on connections, i have 1200 channels on my sony smart tv, other enigma 2 box loaded on the other room, android box with 20000 channels, you are not talking to amateur here, i can not find the feeds, you are joking, i have tested the cheapest boxes from China to the most expensive ones like Vu+ etc, i'm registered in many satellite forums, and i have helped people from around the world, i just wanted to test this box, have not been using Dreambox for long time, i test boxes and sell them to friends, relatives, because they trust me, and ask me to buy for them, i do not watch lot of TV, only sport, this is hobby for me, we all make mistakes, Giant like Microsoft made mistake with Windows Vista, criticism is good, all the best.

friend, let me say that I have no experience like yours, you do not understand receivers
    1: make the comparison smart tv with dreambox
    2: use dreamboxes with still images with old feeds like open atv and derivatives
    3: Dreambox differs because it uses its source that you have not yet understood
    4: the comparison of windows vista has nothing to do with dreambox
    5: if you would have knowledge you would have understood that view was only an interface but had nothing to do with the functions of the system because even today all the microsoft files are based on windows XP
    then how did they tell you what your question?
    6: and then openpli and already a lot that does not offer support for dreambox and then if you want and you're so expert if you search the openpli net for dreambox you find it you see that you have no experience a cordial greeting

certainly not even you know it. :smiling_face:

• Rubbish. I wish I had yesterday only dreamboxes to change ...

This week our local provider decided to change all his frequencies, and as a result a dozen (older) peoples standing on my doorstep asking me to readjust their TVs.

AndroidTV needs a lot of time to rearrange the TV bouquets. One of the smarter handlings on Panasonic TVs. On OE2.5, I was ready to view after 5 minutes.

My own setup consists of 30 satellite positions + cable tv (DVB-C) + OTA TV (DVB-T2) in a single box (actually Dreambox 920UHD) with the possibility to view/record/stream upto 10 channels at the same time ( with power consumtion around 15W). Very smart and stable.

Tell me nothing about Android TV (I'm using Sonys 2017er plattform, the OS is bullshit). Tell me nothing about OpenPLI, I have a look at them. For TV there nothing better exists than Dreamboxes.

But I know where the wind blows from. The babies (customers) crying for streaming offers and Pay TV for nothing, and our great seller does not get a ready to use image here. No arms, no cookies.

• Dream on Dreamers, you are not taking any criticism, just accusing me, I'm on -8 at the moment, probably I can go up to -25, after that it will be freezing cold for me, I will give up on -25 I Think?

• I think you brought this on yourself... You state -in the official Dream forum lo less- that the box is no good. We are trying to prove you wrong with valid arguments and still you rant on... Now it's only a minus reputation, try doing the same during a football match in the stadium sitting between fans. Shouting the are not good.. You probably wouldn't leave the stadium alive.

• @LookAtMe can you write what you expect from box for €150 ? And what exactly is below your expectations?
    I have DM 525 HD which is identical plus CI slot and cannot catch that bad opinion. I have 10000+ channels from 12 satellites and do not see reliable issues works fast enough! Receiving feeds as well, no issue at all.
    Every software issue I found was resolved (or at least workaround) here. Maybe one issue with black screen while switching from DES to AES on this box is annoying. Everything else works fantastic for me and I also had many others boxes in my hands. I did not see better box in that price.