DM920 worng winter time ( same timezone )

• Summer and Wintertime are a disaster for devices. It should be cancelled rather sooner than later. STB's get their time from a tuned channel...

• The problem is that the timezone Helsinki is mapped to Europe/Istanbul. Since Turkey no longer uses DST the time is wrong.

If you edit timezone.xml in /etc by mapping Helsinki to Europe/Helsinki you should get the correct time again?

@mimisiku: relevance to solve the issue?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• The problem is that the timezone Helsinki is mapped to Europe/Istanbul. Since Turkey no longer uses DST the time is wrong.

If you edit timezone.xml in /etc by mapping Helsinki to Europe/Helsinki you should get the correct time again?

thank you, now is clear, I will try

• The problem is the mapping of most eastern European timezones Turkey, which is not correct anymore.
    I think @obi just needs to update the timezone.xml file: http://git.opendreambox.org/?p…git;a=blob;f=timezone.xml

Until there might be an update, just try the suggested workaround and patch the /etc/timezone.xml yourself.
    Alternatively, using the Israeli timezone shouldn't have any side effects (if they use the same dates for DST switching), because any tuned channel will always broadcast UTC from which the box will calculate your local time based on the timezone setting.

so long
    m0rphU

• @dre
    Yes it is... Since time is taken from DVB stream (which is wrong!) all timer related entries are flase. Hier in holland dauert es meist Wochen! bis sich das geklärt hat... Automatische Timer kann man solange nicht nützen...

• @dre
    Yes it is... Since time is taken from DVB stream (which is wrong!) all timer related entries are flase. Hier in holland dauert es meist Wochen! bis sich das geklärt hat... Automatische Timer kann man solange nicht nützen...

Your statement is just wrong!
    In the past years I've had dozens of recordings before, after and even during DST switch without ANY problems. enigma2 has no problems with that at all. Right now we seem to have one singular problem for the Eastern European Time zone, nothing more.

As explained before, the DVB stream should only broadcast UTC time. The same applies to EPG entries and timers. Therefore taking the time from the DVB stream is the only correct behavior as this will ensure to have correct references for EPG and internal time. Additional syncing via NTP of DreamOS will even fix problems with some very screwy DVB providers or IPTV only setups.

But again. This is totally unrelated to this thread. If you have any problems, check if your provider screws something up and if not, pleas open your own thread. Your bashing here is completly unrelated.

so long
    m0rphU

• congratulations! problem reported two years ago and still not solved
    OE2.5 wrong Time for most GMT+2 time zones (OE2.0 ok)

ay4488
    if md5sum of your /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Istanbul
    is b1c006ca56cc9eb051d67fecdcb39b85 then replace it with older one from OE2.0 images

• He solved the problem by adjusting the mapping. This is as persistent as your suggestion

Gruss
    Dre

• Actually, the point is, that the issue in the DM-image,
    of course every user can solve it by itself it isn't difficult
    may be it isn't hard to solve it in the image
    MartiniB,

I have changed your file Istanbul, after that also right time, when I edited back Helsinki zone=Europe/Istanbul in timezone.xml

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ay4488 ()

• I agree that it should be solved by DMM. My point was: MartiniB's fix won't do something the was not already done by remapping. He actually just reverts to an old (and even more outdated) version of the file. It works in your case but other users should not use it.

Gruss
    Dre

• ffffffffffffffk
    replace /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Istanbul file were lot safer method

i replaced "Europe/Istanbul" by "EET" for line "(GMT+02:00) Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius"
    by example from "(GMT+01:00) ... "CET" zones,
    and now box doesn't start and also not accessible trough telnet and ftp :frowning_face:

• ffffffffffffffk
    replace /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Istanbul file were lot safer method

i replaced "Europe/Istanbul" by "EET" for line "(GMT+02:00) Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius"
    by example from "(GMT+01:00) ... "CET" zones,
    and now box doesn't start and also not accessible trough telnet and ftp :frowning_face:

yesterday, i did the same and didn't have any problem with my box,