i have 4 satellite dishes how to get FBC useful? should i use 4 unicable lnb?

• i have 4 satellite dishes how to get FBC useful? should i use 4 unicable lnb?
    can i use 2 unicable lnb?
    should every unicable be connected to a lnb slot (1 & 2)?
    or they can be joined?

• Unicable means: one frequency per tuner.
    The FBC card has 8 tuner (virtual), so you should use 8 frequencies per FBC card.
    No frequency should be used twice (neither on box side nor on dish side).
    With 4 different Unicable-LNBs, you could use the FBC card as a "quad twin tuner".
    Two frequencies from each LNB, but the LNBs need to be programmable according the frequencies they use for Unicable.
    I don't know, if there is any Unicable-LNB with programmable frequencies.
    There are Unicable matrix switches supporting the JESS standard, two SAT positions and up to 32 frequencies, which are programmable.
    Maybe you can use two of them with regular quad LNBs to get what you want.
    I am not aware of any Unicable matrix switch for 4 SAT positions available to the public.

This is a Unicable matrix switch for 4 SAT positions with regular LNBs:
    JPS1701-16MN

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kenatonline ()

• Well, with a dm920 and 2x FBC Tuner you could also plug every Unicable LNB in one of the 2x2 inputs, then it would work without a matrxi, but you would need 4 cables to the Dreambox, which is not really the idea of an Uncable system.

Unicable Matrixes for 4 SAT Postions ae relatively expensive, even when you use a 2 Position Matrix with Wideband 4 LNBs, but there are not many vendors supporting such configurations and only Unicable II supports 4 or more positions (normal Unicable support only up to 8 Frequencies with up to 2 Positions)

• And then you need software that can handle all of this. Does the DMM original software today support this thing, is a good question. I had my own question whether to outsource this tuner, but I did not bother wasting Money and my Time. The cutting edge is it definitely. I am keen to learn how you will do with it. If you get it working, it would be nice. I understand that this FBC tuner can also be used as a regular sat tuner?

• DreamOS has a superior fully dynamic FBC configuration and Tunermanagement, so yes, you can define all 4 Tuner entries of 2 FBC Tuners for a different position and if you have 8 Unicable Frequencies on each LNB you will be able to receive 8 Tranponders at the same time on all 4 postions.

If not, then I'm pretty sure that Ghost will be pleased to fix it, because this was one of the strategic investments that DP has done in DreamOS to have a fully dynamic Tunermanagement and Unicable frequency allocation. :grinning_squinting_face:

• And all this when everything is properly configured and everything works as intended. Keep us posted on how you're doing. What works and what is not.

• DreamOS has a superior fully dynamic FBC configuration and Tunermanagement, so yes, you can define all 4 Tuner entries of 2 FBC Tuners for a different position and if you have 8 Unicable Frequencies on each LNB you will be able to receive 8 Tranponders at the same time on all 4 postions.

If not, then I'm pretty sure that Ghost will be pleased to fix it, because this was one of the strategic investments that DP has done in DreamOS to have a fully dynamic Tunermanagement and Unicable frequency allocation. :grinning_squinting_face:

I can confirm that it works like this. Good job, guys. :thumbs_up:

One thing which is not 100% correct here is a PIN logic. PIN is a security mechanism which prevents the usage of already used/assigned user band. Every user band has its own PIN (fixed or specified by user). Once I can select/use more user bands for a single unicable LNB then I should be able to specify more PINs (for each selected user band). Now I can specify only one common PIN in the interface. So the only one working option atm is to set the PIN option inactive (or active without the real impact, wrong PIN = not working lock).

• even if you give a user multiple scrs you would not confuse him with multiple pins. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• even if you give a user multiple scrs you would not confuse him with multiple pins. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

But then there is no reason to show 1 PIN for let say 4 user bands. Why? It can be valid only for 1 of them, am I wrong? That's what's confusing me more. I guess PIN is not intended for all users and these who need it won't be confused.

• no you can set the pin to be the same for multiple scrs, but you might need a programmer for the switch.

for example if a household has 4TVs you would drive the owner crazy if you give him 4scrs and 4 different pins. That is why pins are normally disabled and the technician who builds up such a multiple household unicable config then asks how many scrs you want and then programms the switch for all of them with 'your' pin.

but both are valid setups off course, hence it would be nice to support it. Have a look at my unicable plugin than you will understand that the pin then can be edited into unicable.xml with the matching scr. Hence the feature is not lacking you only need a cstomized unicable.xml and that is the reason why I created the plugin to avoid editing an xml by hand.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I've got 4 lnbs with programmable pins with the similar configuration as you have mentioned with pin active. But every time I want to add a new device I have to re-program all 4 lnbs to allow new device to use it's own pin. I tried to set the pin all the same but it works the same like no pin at all. For me there is a strange situation with no pin active. Even when I have specific user band assigned to each from 24 tuners, from time to time I got message "Tuning failed" and I have to turn off the power inserters (which are necessary for 4 lnbs). Then I can tune the same frequency again. It happens at least once a day. With pin active I have no issue.
    I will try your plugin, thanks for suggestion.

• I've got 4 lnbs with programmable pins with the similar configuration as you have mentioned with pin active. But every time I want to add a new device I have to re-program all 4 lnbs to allow new device to use it's own pin. I tried to set the pin all the same but it works the same like no pin at all. For me there is a strange situation with no pin active. Even when I have specific user band assigned to each from 24 tuners, from time to time I got message "Tuning failed" and I have to turn off the power inserters (which are necessary for 4 lnbs). Then I can tune the same frequency again. It happens at least once a day. With pin active I have no issue.
    I will try your plugin, thanks for suggestion.

FBC Tuner A1 can receive up to 4 PIN ? And A2 another 4 PIN?
    If i connect dcss at only A1 and it loop internal this the total pin are 4+4 = 8 PIN (demodularoren). Right?
    Well i’ve free another 8 PIN (if i use an dcss lnb with 16 PIN) to user it on other decoder. Right?

• and please stop the ideas that you receive PINs, this is just an extra (optional) handshake when you tune to an SCR.

PS: at the moment Unicable Editor Plugin allows only to enter pins for Unicable 1 - eg up to 8 SCRs with up to 8 PINs as I have not found any LNB offering PINs for up to 32 Unicable 2 SCRs when the Plugin was created. But if you try it out you
    will see how the syntac in the unicable.xml for the PINs works and it would bs easy to allow also more than 8 PINs in the plugin