dm8000 official specification folder from IFA - not HDTV box!

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: dm8000
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): Enigma2
    Firmware version: first

your question

From the folder : DVI connector
    and all. The same folder from ANGA : DVI or HDMI connector

I am confused because not possible to be HDTV without HDCP and not possible HDCP on DVI only HDMI.
    I have heard , 40 manufactures keys from 40 different HDTV boxes lets to calculate the procedure for create hardware emulator of HDCP.
    Does it means, dm8000 will be sell with this pirate hardware connector DVI-HDMI with HDCP remover ? Will EuroUnion Law let on it ?

If not, all HDTV LCD/Plasma/Crt with HDCP will not let to see HDTV picture generated by dm8000. Maybe some China manufactures will create HDTV lcd without HDCP . Does it mean , the dm8000 will only work with some china's lcd ?

The next way is pirate hacking the HDCP from satellite and DVD source for transmit correct signal by DVI . Does the law let on it ? I suppose not . Equipment like it will not be selling in EU and USA law will fight with it.

The last way is like card slot - not usable in oryginal software.
    Will not the dm8000 be HDTV equipment with oryginal software ? Only with not official software ? But this way each firmware creator and user will have to fight with USA law and USA court.

Please DreamMultimedia let me understand this problem , because I do not think the not true HDTV box is worth of 790E.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would anyone want to have HDCP if you can live without it?
    The TV doesn't bother of the signal is scrambled or not, so when the box doesn't, who cares?

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• If HDCP display will not detect correct HDCP signal it will not show HDTV picture. If HDCP recorder will not detect correct HDCP signal it will not record HDTV signal. Am I wrong ?

I hate HDCP and do not want it , but we have to have it because we can be sure , ours displays will have it :frowning_face:

The HDCP on HDMI needs licence from US organisation of Media Corporations... and because only HDMI has HDCP , this licence is not problem for DVI.
    If DVI will have HDCP it will break licence. They want to keep hand on licence distributing for create the stick on manufacturers and have a rule.
    If dvi will be possible with HDCP without licence , suppose will be with it international problem.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tom0000 ()