BCM45308X 02.09 drivers issue

• Hello,
    On my DM920 with DVB-S2x FBC with latest unstable image, i experience low quality images on some HD stations. With drivers of 02.09 It seems the detection threshold has increased with respect to the former drivers, even though it shows higher figure of SNR.
    If i revert to 01.31 unstable image or drivers, i will get rigid images on the same stations with the same settings and interestingly with lower SNR value!
    I have done a clean / scan with new drivers but same result.

• This looks like a decryption problem. Which module are you using? Do you have a different one to test?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• What i mean is, with this new tuner drivers i have lower sensitivity. If i could increase the signal level, i will get steady image but with former drivers with the same signal level i have good quality image or better sensitivity.

• especially not as 9.9dB are shown on the screenshot. This is approx. 2 - 3 dB away from where the signal becomes critical. And as we're talking digital it's either a picture or none.

Gruss
    Dre

• the picture looks like marginal reception... i've seen similar whith severe thunderstorms outside or snow in front of the lnb.
    he already mentioned that he sees the same with fta channels. so, decryption should not be cause of the problem.

• correct, you see that during thunderstorms because the signal then usually goes below the limit and up again. And yes, this is exactly how the picture looks like when there is a problem with the CI module...

Gruss
    Dre

• The recent drivers were optimized to allow also encryption via CI Modules when there is a extremely high datarate of > 60MBit/sec on a Transponder, but this means also that now in most cases High Datarate support in the CI Menu has to be disabled.

If there is no correct Module Assignment you will get the same problem caused by CI Modules also on FTA channels.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Hab auch gerade Bildfehler in einer Aufnahme einer gerade gesendeten ARD-Sendung festgestellt. ARD wurde aufgenommen während ich ORF schaute (mittels os..m)

• Hello,
    Thank you guys for the contribution. No, i don't use any ci module.
    I could improve the signal reception on the a/m fta station by skewing the lnb around 1 deg. and so but could not eliminate the issue totally. For some hd stations that i have this problem with, i have noticed that they are stations which i lose first in bad weather situation, these bring me to claim about lower sensitivity with new bcm7439.ko and probably if one is at the center of the beam could not experience it.
    Currently i am using bcm7439.ko of 2018.01.30 with e2-r25 and i have no such issues.
    i know it is an ugly workaround and i lose some features but that is the only way to eliminate this problem so far!
    It is true that with the new drivers they have gained more things but probably they have sacrificed other things as it is for me.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kamsat10 ()

• The last functional driver is in "dreambox-image-deb-dm920-20180131.tar.xz" (date 31.01.2018) ...

Every bcm7439.ko after this until now have problems with stations like

• ARTE HD (13°E)
    • SUPERTENNIS HD (13°E)
    • TELEPACE HD (13°E)
    • 6TER Suisse HD (9°E)
    • M6 Suisse HD( 9°E)
    • W9 Suisse HD (9°E)
    • TV5MONDE France Belguiqe Suisse (9°E)
    • AFN Family (9°E)
    • AFN Movie (9°E)
    • AFN News (9°E)
    • AFN Atlantic (9°E)
    • AFN Pacific (9°E)
    • AFN Spectrum (9°E)
    • AFN Sports (9°E)
    • AFN Sports 2 (9°E)
    • SES UHD Demo (23.5°E)
    • Astra UHD Demo (23.5°E)

Not with the old fashioned FBC tuner 45208, but with the FBC tuner 45308x.

• Hi

I have Tuner A1: BCM45308X (DVB-S2)
    Dreambox OS Version: 4.3.1r25-2018-02-10

I can tell you that i have no issues with

• ARTE HD (13°E)
    • SUPERTENNIS HD (13°E)
    • TELEPACE HD (13°E)

But Channel search sometime don't find channels like RAI4K automatically.

• update the satellites.xml and you will see the difference

• because daily unstable does not mean you get a daily update of your satellites.xml!

Gruss
    Dre