Compiliation question

• Hi all , i have a 7025 since 2 days so i'm rather new to openembedded devs :smiling_face:

I have copiled an image with the " Makefile " method and it works perfectly .

My question is : if i want to change some code in enigma for example , how do i recompile the image ? do i make simply a " make image " and it will take the changes or is there a special way to include the changes in the image ?

thanks .

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since many parts of enigma2 are programmed in python it depends on what you want to add if you have build a complete new package (and maybe some additional packages with libs you need or so) or ift you can develop your changes DIRECTLY using the running image.

As long as you don't have to do any changes on the core-functions (the core is c++ and therefore it has obviously to be recompiled to test changes) or need new libs you COULD do changes without having an OE installed.

For getting started with OE you should first go here: http://developer.elitedvb.net/listprojects.php?curr_dir=81

mfg ,
    Reichi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Reichi ()

• Thanks for your answer .

But for example , i change the

Code
    lcd_clock->move(ePoint(50, 46));

in enigma.cpp .

If i do a " make " in the directory , it's ok , i have my new enigma file , i can test it by booting on NFS , it's not a problem , but my previous question was rather how to have this new enigma file included in a full image that i can flash in the 7025 ?

Thanks .

• remove the stamp file in "tmp/stamps/enigma2*compile",

then do a "bitbake dreambox-image". Enigma2 will be recompiled (using your modified sources), and a new image will be built.