Need information about 525HD

• Hi ..
    Can anybody explane why there is no AGC ( Automatic Gain Control ) with 525 Tuner like other dreamboxe's ( always 0 ) ... and other thing in specs of dream 525 the ram is 512MB but the real Ram is 312MB , why you don't write the correct value of useful RAM in Specs ??? also about the microprocessor in Specs 2000DMIPS { what that mean in MHz ) the real speed is 750 MHz .... why you don't write the speed in Mega Hz like before ?!! :question_mark::wacko: ...please explane that for me...... See pictures :confused_face::confused_face: I think you should write the real values in Specs ... If I want to buy a new model of DremBox How can I know or trust that the Specification that you wrote in your Site or in the box are Real ??!!!!!! ... Thanks

************************************************************************************
    Hallo ..

Kann jemand erklären, warum es keine AGC (automatische Verstärkungsregelung) mit 525 Tuner wie andere dreamboxes gibt (immer 0) ... und andere Sache in Spezifikationen von Traum 525 der Widder ist 512MB, aber der echte Ram ist 312MB, warum Sie schreibe nicht den richtigen Wert von nützlichem RAM in Specs ??? auch über den Mikroprozessor in Specs 2000DMIPS {was das in MHz bedeutet) ist die echte Geschwindigkeit 750 MHz .... warum schreibst du nicht die Geschwindigkeit in Mega Hz wie vorher? !! ... bitte erklären Sie das für mich ... Siehe Bilder? (? (Ich denke, Sie sollten die wirklichen Werte in Specs schreiben ... Wenn ich ein neues Modell von DremBox kaufen möchte Wie kann ich das wissen oder dem vertrauen? Die Spezifikation, die Sie auf Ihrer Website oder in der Box geschrieben haben, sind Real ?? !!!!!! ... Danke

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()

• Good that it has 7,3GB of Flash :grinning_squinting_face:

The Rest of the RAM is used by the Video Chip and is simply not available to Linux ... but it is there and is usefull ...

And Instruction per seconds is a better performance measurement than any MHz ... ask your PC dealer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As soon as Broadcom offered Multi core CPUs the pure MHz became useless for comparison.

• Dear Gutemine .... I respect you and I appreciate all your great works ... this is External usb Flash .. ( external Image with your greatest Barry ) :thumbs_up:

• I checked my DM 525HD and indeed only 306MB RAM so it's good question :smiling_face:
    But AGC - I see you did not have original image so maybe it is a reason. On my original image there is no AGC field even. But after several months of usage similar is BER always 0, why it does not work, I don't know :frowning_face:

• maybe start reading your answers ... instead of repeating questions ...

And just because the drivers don't return any value ... doesn't main that the tuners are not taking care of this ...

• I use original Image in internal flash & it's the same ... this model 525 have bad Or weak Fixed Tuner or maybe they should fix the driver on OE2.5 I send message to them but they didn't answer or replay .. I'm Sorry for they bad support !!!!

• well, the tuners are sufficient to receive everything that lots of other users want and you are not seriously expecting any feed hunter quality on a box in this price range ?

And I've read your post already ... and all the answers you got ... :grinning_squinting_face:

If it took you so many Dreamboxes to finally find out that not all Memory is available to the Linux Operating system ....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I think some people use IPTV .. but there is a lot of other use sat .. & i See many post in other sites they face the same problem ... on other hand ( quality on a box in this price range ) when I decides to buy dreambox that mean I trust the quality of this company ( German Company ) ... If I want to buy a one of less price the market are full of cheap boxes & they have good tuners ... But I choose this company thinking that they provide good Quality & technology ... new box mean new future not more problems ... I have DM 800SE before it was great why I should return to it even I bought a new model from the same company ????!!!

thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()

• Thanks for sharing ... but this is YOUR thinking and decision ... and if you post questions which just show that you want to produce a (wrong) blame towards DP ... you have a good chance that ... somebody ... answers ...

• thanks gutemine for all replays ... only i want to mentioned that here the 525 coast me a lot of money more than you can imagine for many reasons one of them that we now live in unstable country ...please try to buy this model 525 & you will understand me ... Thanks again

• Maybe there is a reason ... for everything ...

• @samipeace
    not sure if I got it right
    Are trying to tell us that the DM800SE is today still better then the new DM525?
    At the time when it was marketed the DM800SE was certainly a different class with different price, but I don't think this device is able to keep breath with todays "low-end" (DM525).

Are you having some performance issues, that you are complaining about pure transparency regarding the memory available?
    How much memory is used by your running image?
    BTW. in case of the PCs and notebooks with integrated graphic cards it is working the same since ever, part of the memory is used by the graphic card, but full memory is advertised.

Are you having some issues with channel tuning or pointing of your dish, that you are complaining about tuner drivers not reporting the AGC?

regards

PiGeon

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

• Hi PiGeon ...
    I think there is a misunderstanding with my post ... I didn't mean that at all .. sure that New model like 520 525 820 900 920 are new generation & they are better in speed and other things that we know .. I mean when I was using DM800se i didn't face any of the problem that i face it now with 525 like no signal in many frequencies .... noting the same frequencies are available on 800SE with same setting & files with same Equipment ..... I should buy a bigger new Sat dish... more than 1.5 m to receive this frequencies on 525.... but with 1.30 m the signal is very good in 800se .. why ??? noting that DM525 Second generation of 520 has Fixed Tuner .... So i can't replace it with an other ... they suppose put a good one on DM525 or may be there is a problem with the driver for OE2.5 and need to fix it ..this is my first note ... :angry_face:

On other hand about the memory I know all information that you & gutemine posted .. but that's not fair .. I'm an Engineer & I know that there is a memory for graphic & there is cash memory for CPU , also there is virtual memory ...etc ... but for user when you put the size you should put the real size of memory that used for Linux for example for notebook's or PC's there is a lot of memories for (graphic .. CPU ... ram.. etc) when I want to write the specs of ram size ... I don't write summation of (Ram+ cash+ graphic ... etc ) ??!!!! .. :confused_face::confused_face:
    Because when I want to buy a box I compare it Specs with an other one like speed ram CPU ...etc ...

The last point I want this big & great company to add some futures & upgrade the software specially on channel selection choices & scan setting..... from 2010 tell now they are the same with poor choices ...when I see other images for other boxes that uses Enigma they much more better in software & they always update and Add more choices .... :smiling_face_with_sunglasses::smiling_face_with_sunglasses: that's all

Finally I want to mention that I love this company & I love dreambox's .. if I give some notes ( because I want it to be always the best ) that's not mean that they are not good or I hate them :red_heart::red_heart: ... just Really DM525 disappointing me to much :upside_down_face::upside_down_face: .... if I know these information before i would never buy it & I will buy another one ...

with regards

Note : Only for giving an Example .... See the huge deference Between channel Selection settings on DMM CVS Image ( Picture No.3 ) :grinning_squinting_face::grinning_squinting_face::thumbs_down::thumbs_down: .... & Other images ( Pic 1 & 2).... :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

20 Mal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()

• I am sorry for your issue with the reception
    Have you thought of replacing it?
    Maybe it's a buggy tuner piece, I would also expect the newer HW being better at reception.
    BTW my friend has one DM525 and he has no issue with channel tuning even with a 65cm dish, clear I might compare apples and oranges here, being not sure what satellites and what GPS position we are speaking about.

Regarding the memory size.
    Here I think you are not right. I have tried to explain that it's quite common nowadays that CPU and GPU are sharing the very same RAM.
    And on the specification of such a PC there is just one line which says RAM 2GB, which might not be transparent, but is a common situation.
    You didn't answer how much memory you have free on the DM525 though :winking_face:

regarding the comparison of available options
    I might be right there is lack of features in comparison to the community images, but IMHO it is enough for "ordinary" user Joe.
    That's why the community images exist, you just need to choose :winking_face:

regards

PiGeon

DM920

• Thanks for your kind replay ... I don't think it's a buggy tuner piece ... I will give an example ( for frequency 12692 H 13E ) I have 1.3 sat dish when I use Dm800Se the signal is 75 % & every thing is Ok. but when I use 525 No Signal ... I remove my LNB & put it on my friend Dish ( 1.6 m ) then I connected to 525 I receive the signal this is an example ...

I'm like you I expect the newer H.W. being better at reception ....... you can see other sites there is many many persons have the same problem with 520 & 525 ... & about answering (how much memory you have free on the DM525 though ) see the picture below ...

- about sharing ram .. if the box work fine no problem for me that's fine ...

- About lack of features in comparison to the community images .. this is a big problem ... why they don't add some choices & futures for them Images after all of these years ??!!! if they give a better image no need for make external flash & use an other external images .. because always the driver should be in internal flash... & if you but or update other image on internal flash may be the box will stop on red lamp ...

- On other hand all other CVS images are the same in futures & choices like DMM image ... Open & Blackhole is better with a huge changes .. but you should install DMM Image on internal flash & open to external image .. but the problem some of futures on external open image will not work ..means the same problem... & Blackhole doesn't support DreamBoxes ....

It needs only a few commands to put it in the Enigma software !!! why they don't make it ... really i don't understand ???!!!! :pouting_face::pouting_face::pouting_face:

Thanks a gain for your kind replay ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()

• For what it's worth. I own a DM525 as well and the given transponder only shows 10.0 dB on mine. When I scan the same transponder on my DM8000 or VU+SoloSE I get exactly the same results. Don't know in which region you live. Signal in Arabia will be a lot better than here in western Europe.

Again, I don't have a clue what you are moaning about or perhaps I simply don't understand. You demand options in a DMM image and you show pictures of non DMM images as a comparison. But no image of DMM itself (OpenATV and some image I don't recognise)

• Hi ..mimisiku ...& thank you for replay

For the DMM image see the first post only I have change the skin ... & the last post No. 13 Pic No.3 ( dream Elite Image .. the same of DMM ) .. I post other picture to show the deference between channel settings only ( hopping that DMM will add these futures to their images ) ... about the signal I don't say that 525 doesn't give a signal like other boxes .. it has signal ...may be the same DB on some channels like other boxes ... I said there is no (AGC) .. otherwise it gives me no signal with other transponders & I gave Example for that ( please try to read & understand my posts )... Why if any body give notes or remark many members thinking that he is laying ????!! ..... I face problems with 525 I didn't face it with older Dreamboxes ..also I want to ask about some specs that way I made this post to understand only ... that's all ... :confused_face:

finally I'm sure that dream multimedia Engineers & company owners understand Exactly what I mean ( if they have time to read my post ) ...

With Regards

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()

• nobody thinks you are lying, why you don't want to accept that the tuner might be defect one

there is no reason to not believe you have an issue, but it has nothing to do with the AGC, because there isn't any AGC measurement available with latest tuner HW.
    You can check this in the original image in your flash, there isn't any AGC field anymore.

It looks to me you are lost in the image scene a little bit.
    If you don't like the original image you can install the GeminiProject plugin on it to expand the functionality.
    Or you can use image of another team and you can install it in the flash if you don't want to use the multi-boot plugin.
    You can choose either from the Open-Aliance images or from the ones based on the original opendreambox image like Merlin, Oozoon and others.

hope it helps

BTW. your last message is really not well understandable, sometimes less words and shorter sentence make more sense

DM920

• PiGeon .. Thanks a lot .. you are right 100% .. at the end.. I'm thinking that these problems 90% from the software & the drivers ... they need some fixes & updates ..
    on other hand the problem that Open-images still uses OE2.0 ( *.IPK) only they update the kernel to use there images with Oe2.5 ...

about GeminiProject plugin they haven't these setting ... all CVS images are the same with the original ( DMM) in setting ....because to add more setting or futures to the image it need to change or modify the Enigma file ...

Finally -- Only I ask the DMM community images to make little "Update in DMM Images & add some necessary & important futures ... is that impossible after 8 years ???!!! :loudly_crying_face::loudly_crying_face:

thanks with regards

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von samipeace ()