DM520HD red light nothing on screen

• I purchased 2 x DM520HD both has OpenATV 6.1 installed. I configured the image with plugins etc and created a backup using Dbackup to USB - the file created was

openATV-dm520-exp-2017-12-30-21-10.tar.gz

Using DBackup again I flashed the above image to my other DM520HD and when it restarted it got stuck on the red light on front.

I have tried to go into recovery mode by holding the standby button down but nothing helps

HELP = what can I do next, can I use the mini USB port on back to recover my box.

• any way to flash the official image to the box

Why can I not enter the recovery mode by pressing the standby button on front. As I assume this would not go as far as loading the image but go into some recovery partition of the box.

• This normally is a timing problem - pressing with one hand and turning on with the other at the same time will NOT work as it was with old boxes having analog buttons.

There is a nice video showing that you first turn on in the back, THEN move the same hand in front and press on the LED and then the timing is perfect that the Frontprocessor will pickt the signal that touchbutton is pressed and start blinking while booting the rescue loader.

AND you should TRY to understand what the dBackup setting flash KERNEL with image means ... if you flash a box with a new image needing a new kernel while the box still has an OLD image and and OLD kernel in Flash.

If you leave this to NO you have afterwards a combination of old kernel and new image and drivers ... which will simply NOT boot.

If you now ask why is this setting per default NO - because it is useless to flash the kernel IF it is already a recent one.

In short - if you misuse my Plugin due to lack of knowledge how to use it - live with the consequences.

BTW - normally there is NO need to panic or flash again - despite that enigma2 will not start due to not matching drivers - simply logon wth telnet and issue the flash-kernel command with /boot/kernel_name and reboot ...

BUT normally Dreamboxes are shipped with DreamOS - which is a little bit strange when they had Open* Images when shipped - and this is pointing in a direction where my support could be over pretty quick.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• This is the reason why the Hickhickers guide to the Univese reads - Don't panic ...

BUT you still have to explain why you got your boxes shipped with OpenATV ...

• seriously ???

You also order a new PC with Windows XP ... nowadays ... ?

• preference of image in based upon a persons opinion - after using various images forDM500, DM800, Vu Duo etc I finally found the OpenATV image to be very stable.

The OpenATV image I have is the most recent 6.1 with the latets updates to it.

• OK, you want your Windows XP with latest Service Pack :thumbs_up:

• but i think you can do it at least in BA kernels
    and of course you can

maybe you anger on me and i don't know why
    but i swear i don't need clones

DM900-1TB HDD-FBC-S2X-Inverto120&Inverto100

amirali.sh

• It is not about anger or clones ... just fatigue ...