dreambox 900uhd tuner not work properly

• I have always used tuner A. Today, I try to use tuner B, just switch Coaxial cable from A to B. the SNR is the same as A, however, an error says that "cannot find PAT". I tried to manual scan using tuner B, and 0 service searched.
    Therefore I switch it back to tuner A, and everything is OK.

Is it another hardware defect or I am not in the right way ?

• The DM900 should only have one Tuner slot, so there is no Tuner A and B. Maybe there is A1 and A2 but with only one cable, you can connect that one internally.

Could you provide a screenshot of your tuner settings?

so long
    m0rphU

• Well of course the box will not work with only one cable but two tuners configured as if they had their own cable. You need to set the not connected tuner to "not configured" or "internally connected".
    enigma2 will always try to use the best tuner possible. If both tuners are configured identical, it will start with the first one (which has no cable in you test setup).

Why do you need advanced configuration anyway? If you only receive one satellite, "simple" should be enough.

so long
    m0rphU

• Well of course the box will not work with only one cable but two tuners configured as if they had their own cable. You need to set the not connected tuner to "not configured" or "internally connected".
    enigma2 will always try to use the best tuner possible. If both tuners are configured identical, it will start with the first one (which has no cable in you test setup).

Why do you need advanced configuration anyway? If you only receive one satellite, "simple" should be enough.

I have tried to turn A1 to "inactive", when zap to Free-to-air channel, info panel shows A2 in use. However, I can only see the SNR , no picture shows, and an error alert: No data on transport (Timeout reading PAT).

• Hello..did you find solution? i have same problem.. when i switch cable to tuner A ..I see no data on transporder timeout reading PAT.

Vhen i connect same cable to B port .. all is working. I see 15.2 dbB strenght..i try 3 different tuners for dm 900 and all same problem..so i think problem is on motherboard.

• I had a similar problem.

I tried 3 different tuners on my DM920. on different image (NN2., Merlin, Opendreambox2.5) Did not help.

I solved the problem by cleanly installing the Merlin5 image + using the setting from Haniball.

I haven't had any announcements since - tuning failed, etc.

Maybe my experience will help.