No sound with dm but cheap fta work

• If you don't give any information, nobody can help you. If you prefer bashing, that's fine :face_with_open_mouth: If you want to solve the problem or get an explanation, we need more info!

So, let's start with the basics :smiling_face:
    - Which TV?
    - How is the 900 connected?
    - Which A/V settings? Especially interesting is AC3 Downmix and AC3 default

Then regarding the channels:
    Which Audio codecs do they use? You might find out in the Audio menu of the Dreambox or the cheap receiver. If those info are not precise, you might run a stream or a recording on the PC with VLC and check those infos. Or try MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) on a recording.
    Of course it is possible that there is a hardware or software problem, but it also might be a configuration problem. Bad would be a licence problem, because US channels might use different audio codecs than European channels. But all of that is plain guessing as long as we don't have any info on the channels and your setup.

so long
    m0rphU

• Im not here for bashing.

I dont think the tv is revelant as there are only a few channels that do this. The dm900 shows an mpeg audio stream. My 900 is using a hdmi cable. There is only 1 sound stream. I can make a log with another receiver if need be. Let me know if you want that.

• Please forget my bashing comment. This was a reaction on similar threads by other users. No info, but dreambox is called shit...

So let's get back to work :grinning_squinting_face:
    I can't open your log. Which format is that?
    Simple MPEG2 sound shouldn't be any problem. Could you verify the dreambox display with VLC or MediaInfo?
    Do you know the codec of the channels with working sound?

so long
    m0rphU

• The log is one I made from a hellobox, I use these logs to post to friends to grab keys with I have never tried opening it with anything so not really sure. The ext shows it as a .log file.
    What is a good logging program for the dreambox? Where is it found? What is a good program to study the logs?

• A simple doesn't work statement combined with guessing is a little bit annoying, when people try to help you.

Try the AC3 downmic and ,ake a short recording and post it as suggested.

• First you should start to use the Audio button on your remote control ... and then try to find out what the A/V Settings menu is all about ...

• maybe the Adio button is ... also able to tell you if Downmix is on or off ... but for MPEG it should not matter. Still an enigma2 log would be more helpfull.