DM7025 Text-tv is full of errors using it on TV ?

• I can see my new Dreambox DM7025 is generating txt-tv signal so you can press txt-tv on the TV it self. Great feature that was missing in DM7000/7020.

But when going to txt-tv on my TV is it full of errors and can actually not be used for anyting.
    Strange thing is also that the upper line in the text-tv is flashing.
    Just like i see on the Dreambox's TV picture (not txt-tv). It's like the interference i have on vertical lines (see earlier thread i have written) destroy the txt-tv signal.
    I have tryed RGB mode, but same flashing and errors on my TV using txt-tv on it.

So my question is could there be something wrong with my Dreambox ?
    Production error ?

Can it be right that i should have flashing txt-tv text using txt-tv on my tv, even in RGB mode ?
    I would like to know if others have the same problem with DM7025
    As i have written eariler: i'm not happy with the picture quality in the 7025 compaired to DM7000/7020
    The scart cable i use is best quality full mounted.

[b]Box type: DM7025
    [b]GUI (enigma1/enigma2):Enigma2
    [b]Firmware version: latest version

Regards,
    Niels Moeller

• Yes that't true, but that did not answer my question ?
    Something must be wrong with this DM7025 ?
    I also have a Humax receiver. This Receiver have no problems generating txt-tv signal to the TV.

Regards,
    Niels Moeller

• Hi!.

No problems here to. That goes for both TVs here and you now what modells I have Niels ;).
    So I cant give the answer on this one. But maybe you can put the DM7025 on another TV and see if its the same?. Worth a try I think, also concerning the other problems you have on picture quiality.

Regards: Gaj1
    Dreambox 7025ST+/ 800 HD-PVR mit Motor und warte auf die DM8000 :smiling_face:

• Zitat

Yes that't true, but that did not answer my question ?
    Something must be wrong with this DM7025 ?
    I also have a Humax receiver. This Receiver have no problems generating txt-tv signal to the TV.

Hi Niels,

I have the same problem on my TV and wrote about this here in February (in German, with photos). I have three other receivers/devices capable of generating videotext and only the 7025 fails on me.

I think the problem is that the position of the videotext "bar" in the TV picture is not entirely correct with the 7025.

Here's why: I can get my TV to read the text with this trick.
    When I change the TV signal output from PAL to NTSC and then back from NTSC to PAL the picture jumps on my TV. At the same time, the videotext line (which shows the page number, channel time and name) often gets updated (about once in 5 tries).

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4281/cnnos8.jpg]

Normally, this line does not show at all on my TV.

As my TV only reads the line when it tries to synch to the changed picture frequency, I guess it must be looking for the line in a different place for a correctly synched picture.

I guess that some TVs might be a bit more error-tolerant regarding the videotext insert positions.
    I wouldn't be surprised if moving the insertion a few pixels around would fix the problem for older TVs like mine.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von almoss ()

• Aha,

But i have just found out some thing new about this txt-tv error.
    I have found out that it's channel depending.When it failing it will continue to fail on all channels until you restart Enigma2.
    After restart have i found out that many channels are actually working perfect with TV TXT-tv.

But some channels are doing something to the box ?
    So when it fail all channels will fail on txt-tv.

Here is what to do for getting it fail:
    --------------------------------------------------
    1) Goto channel "MTV germany" at 19,2 east (IMPORTANT THAT IT IS THIS CHANNEL) Some others also fail, but this one is good for testing.

2) Goto e.g channel "ZDF" at 19,2 east

3) Now press TXT-TV on your TV.

Please let me know if you all get TXT-TV errors now !!
    All channels will fail now..

Actually i think it's a software problem, it seems the DM7025 don't clear TXT-TV settings from the earlier TXT-TV channel as you can see it's flashing fast between new and old data ?

So this TXT-TV problem seems not to have anything to do with my picture quality problem.

Regards,
    Niels Moeller

• Zitat

1) Goto channel "MTV germany" at 19,2 east (IMPORTANT THAT IT IS THIS CHANNEL) Some others also fail, but this one is good for testing.

2) Goto e.g channel "ZDF" at 19,2 east

3) Now press TXT-TV on your TV.

Tried this, but have the same problem as above: For both channels I can get the top text line by changing between PAL/NTSC and back.