Download of backup locks my computer [Solved/Gelöst]

• When start my 7080 and hold the powerbutton I come in the recovery menu were I create an backup of the working image before I update it with the latest updates...just to be safe. After the backup I choose to download the created image on the same page as were I create the image.

As soon as I click the text to download the image my computer locks up and I only can give a hard reset to revive it. I use Windows 10 and Chrome as browser.

When have restarted my computer and try to access the recovery pages that are still active on the 7080 I get nothing and the Dreambox is not responding. However, this time I used SSH to reach the 7080 and as soon as I connected also recovery page appeared in my browser. I did download the back image on a other page in the recovery screen.

This is not the first time it happened I have to remember the next time not to click the link in the screen were the backup image is created and leave that page and enter again on the other page.

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von msatter ()

• I have tried different things and with a SSH session open and top running I could see nothing special except that my computer seemed to lock up and run at full CPU speed. Now I waited longer and after a few minutes I got the message of my Internet Download Manager that he wanted to download the the expected file. The CPU load was that high that my mouse and keyboard did not respond so I could do nothing then press the OFF switch. After ten minutes the computer was finally shutdown.

Expecting that IDM was the cause of this strange behaviour I excluded the 7080 as source in IDM and restarted also the 7080. Now I can download after backup as the backup file and the conclusion is that IDM was all the time the root cause of this.

I am glad that it solved now!

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.