How to access Dreambox with SSH?

• Hi!

I have the DM500HD and I can access it with telnet. I use root as the username and the password is just blank. So there is no password. Not that I know of anyway. I read at other places that the default password is "dreambox". Is this true? Is the password documented somewhere?

So when I try to access the box with ssh, I get a login prompt. I type in "root" as username, but then it asks me for a password. I cannot leave this blank. So pressing enter give me "access denied". I tried with "dreambox" and "admin". It did not work.

Do I need to maybe set the password, i.e. change the blank password to an actual password using telnet? Then use that with ssh?

Thanks!

• SSH does not allow to access without password. Log in via telnet and then set a password with passwd. Then try again logging in via SSH.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Yeah, I completely forgot. I kind of reminded myself up there. But yeah... I haven't used any of these commands in a very long time. And here I am calling myself ssh! Unworthy! :winking_face:

Thanks dre!