dm900 UHD Rescue Mode dauerschleife

• You are only partly correct with your Suggestion.

If you Switch between different DreamOS Images the Code has Checks that Not applicable settings Like skins Not installed should not do any harm and the age still boots.

BUT If you apply settings from Open Images to DreamOS images, then these Checks could Fall short in incompatible areas like Tuner config, etc.

• Yes but such knowledge is probably not to be expected by the regular users or new customers.

So would be less harm to leave them out as default and later when users have got more knowledge they also will now about this.

It's so easy to forget that we all have been newbie and can users be spared from broken boxes because they are not that skilled... Well se no harm in that :smiling_face:

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

• You are Not getting the Point that DP probably will NOT Change something which is not necessary to be changed in their Point of View.

• I get your point rest assure :smiling_face: And the nice thing now is that there is info in English so for none German speaking users they can now get some search result with the fine info you gave a couple of post above :thumbs_up:

But in the end it's not up to you and me if they change it or not. Only the future will tell

By the way, Thanks for all you nice work making the Dream experience a more diverse world

• You still geht ist wrong with your diversity statement, as I'm already pretty Close to Stop Support for Open* Images and the old Dreamboxes completely.

BUT this is OT Here.

Let's See If flashing without settings resolves the Problem, or we get a Boot Log, everything else means Reading Tea leaves

• Now i think you don't get me correct. I could care less what happen if you for reason install an unsupported image.

My point was if my Peter pan image has issues so i need to reflash then it would not be vice to backup and restore my old settings.

I would probably end up with a less good image then if I made a clean install ??

• There is a reason why you can remove the ticks - but also why they are ticked per default.

Discussing the pro and cons will NOT help the OP, hence we should stop this here ... until he hopefully experiences the difference ...

And nobody even stops you from creating your OWN rescue loader image.

• For this reason I only install DreamOS based images on my Dreamboxes. At least you have the assurance that everything is meant to be for your box. As such is it no problem to ‘tick’ the backup and restore boxes (and probably the reason why they are active by default).

A faulty settings file won’t lock your box, but merely stops a function from working (correctly)…

• Hallo zusammen, ich hab ein ähnliches Problem.

Meine Dm 900 ließ sich gestern nicht mehr umschalten, ins Menü kam ich auch nicht mehr, also schaltete ich das Gerät hinten für 10 Sekunden aus und wieder ein.

Seitdem kommt im Display nur noch ein grünes Ausrufezeichen und sie startet nur noch im rescue mode.

Flashen scheint zu funktionieren aber nach einem Neustart startet wieder nur der Rescue mode.

Den Rescueloader habe ich schon neu installiert, seitdem wird wieder die IP im Display angezeigt, was vorher nicht der Fall war.

im Bootlog steht:

Starting udev[ 0.838116] mmcblk0boot1: unknown partition table

Die Partition scheint verbogen zu sein. Kann ich diese neu erstellen oder ist der Flash hinüber?

lg Steeny

• Hallo Steeny !

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit meinem Dream 900 UHD. Haben sie eine Lösung gefunden ? Danke

Gruß

• Kein Log keine Hilfe.

Alternativ ein Ticket eröffnen, und deine Box einschicken.

ps.

Nur mal so am Rande.

Fast 10 Jahre Mitglied hier im Forum, und heute der erste Beitrag.

Das kommt auch nicht oft vor. :thumbs_up:

mfg.

schnubbel
    Schiller Fan

• Sehr interessant: Da haben sich gerade die zwei richtigen gemeldet

Voll in die Falle getappt die zwei Spamer :grinning_squinting_face:

Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox