Dreambox DM900 UHD - A problem with the network settings

• Good afternoon,

i am the owner of a Dreambox UHD 900, a very good machine according to what I read and the good experience I now have.

Meanwhile, I have a problem when I want to check the network settings.

As soon as I want to check them, the Dreambox crashes and I get the following screen in attachment.

The Dreambox is normally connected to the router using an ethernet cable but I would like to connect it sometimes to the wifi. Because of the crash, I am unable to change the settings of the network.

For information, I actually use the Dreambox only to get the IPTV.

I am actually using the last firmware of Dreambox (01.05.2017) but I already had the problem with the older firmwares.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Please upload the respective Crashlog file. You can find it in /media/hdd

Maybe it is just a skin problem, so you might try the Default skin. But we'll see this in the log :smiling_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Ok, this is already the default skin. The error seems to be with the nameserver!?

P.S.: Please add the Log as a file or at least use code-Tags. It is hardly readable and a lot of scrolling like that :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Ok, this is already the default skin. The error seems to be with the nameserver!?

P.S.: Please add the Log as a file or at least use code-Tags. It is hardly readable and a lot of scrolling like that :winking_face:

m0rphU, thank you very much for your help.

Now that we know the reason, what should I do to correct this problem ?

Regards.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von turner6 () aus folgendem Grund: typo

• According to the information's I read on the net, it seems that the nameserver is not assigned, that's the reason why the Dreambox crashes when I want to change the network settings.

As I am unable to change the network settings using the Dreambox, is it possible to assign manually the nameserver with the help of the Dreambox Control Center ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

• Usually, it is possible to manually assign it by pressing the yellow key. Are you sure that your flash is not readonly? You can check this by creating a timer. If this is successful then your flash is writable.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Usually, it is possible to manually assign it by pressing the yellow key. Are you sure that your flash is not readonly? You can check this by creating a timer. If this is successful then your flash is writabl

A very interesting information, thank you.

Do you mean you choose the factory reset of the Dreambox and then you press the yellow key as soon as you are selecting the network settings ?

• No, after entering the ip-address I could enter the DNS from the overview screen. No need to do a factory reset.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• The information's about the network configuration must be certainly included in one of the files of the Dreambox.
    The idea was to change the settings using DCC.

Unfortunately, I don't know which arguments to fill in the fields.

The log says:

[*]Screen <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.NetworkManager.NetworkConfig.NetworkServiceConfig'>((), {}): <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
    [*]Traceback (most recent call last):
    [*]File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 350, in create
    [*]return screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
    [*]File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkManager/NetworkConfig.py", line 303, in __init__
    [*]self._createSetup()
    [*]File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkManager/NetworkConfig.py", line 445, in _createSetup
    [*]self._setDetailText()
    [*]File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkManager/NetworkConfig.py", line 487, in _setDetailText
    [*]text = _("%sNameserver\n%s\n") %(text, ns) or _("n/a")
    [*]TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

About my configuration, I think the the DNS value is the IP address of my router (192.168.1.1) as the Dreambox is directly
    connected to it.

As a newbie in the world of the Dreambox, this is not easy to find a solution to this problem but I think there are
    many experts in this forum who will be able to help me, thank you in advance for your understanding.

• Hi,

I have similar problem. I tried with the original image as with Oozoon and it allways leads to the same green crashing screen when I try to get to Network Settenings. I can't even set up anything in that menu cause I can't even access into it...

Any idea how this can be solved ?

Here is a screenshot of the errors :

• I installed the last unstable firmware thinking that they found a solution to this problem (i saw this thread was closed) but it doesn't work yet :frowning_face:

• Hi,

If it can help, it's not possible to open the menu of the network settings when the language is 'french' (->GSOD), turning the language to 'english' and then no more problem with this menu
    I've got this problem on my dm7080hd with oe2.2 AND with oe2.5

Regards

DM7080HD OE2.5 - DM7020HD OE2.0

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Parodin ()

• Hi,

If it can help, it's not possible to open the menu of the network settings when the language is 'french' (->GSOD), turning the language to 'english' and then no more problem with this menu
    I've got this problem on my dm7080hd with oe2.2 AND with oe2.5

Regards

Setting to the English language is the solution indeed, thank you Parodin :smiling_face:

• Sorry, in my case I only have /media/net and that's all... :thinking_face:

It's not really difficult to create this directory.
    Using DCC, you select the directory Media.
    With the right click on the mouse and the cursor in the Media directory (see the picture), you select new folder and you create the directory HDD.
    Next time your Dreambox crashes, you will find the log in the HDD directory.

I hope it helps.