Dreambox 900 UHD -IPTV - eac3 - No sound

• Good morning,

This is my first topic and I need your help about a problem with the eac3 sound on the Dreambox 900 UHD.

I bought this machine a week ago and I am still unable to get the sound coming from the French channels (Canal Sat).
    Sound from TV channels like TF1 HD, M6HD are in eac3.

I am using an IPTV subscription.

It seems this new machine can decode the eac3 sound as advertised but in my case, I am unable to get it.
    I tried every function's available (downmix AC3 no, eaC3+ to eac3) but it is still not working.

My question is the following: do you have the same problem when you use this machine with an IPTV subscription ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards.

• How does your Stream-URL look like? If its ending with m3u8 please switch to 1:... instead of 4097:...
    Also are you using the latest available Image on your box? E-AC-3 passthrough was broken in older Image versions.

• My Stream- URL looks like this (here is an example for M6HD):

#SERVICE 1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3A//maestro.yyyyyxxxxxxxx.com%3A8000/live/xxxxxxx1usr0000/00000000000/6494.ts
    #DESCRIPTION FR: M6 Full HD

And I am using the last stable image (March 2017) from the Dreambox website.

I just have the feeling that the eAC3+ doesn't work with a IPTV susbcrition but not sure as I am a newcomer into the world of Dreambox.

Thank you very much for your help.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von turner6 ()

• I tried this image a few minutes ago, also the other one Dreambox released on the 26th of April but unfortunately, it didn't help either.

Parameters of the audio configuration are:

AC3 by default=NO
    DOWNMIX AC3=YES
    CONVERT AC3+ TO AC3=CONTROLLED BY HDMI.

Although I changed the other options (AC3 by DEFAULT=YES, CONVERT AC3+ TO AC3=ALWAYS), I still get the same result, a marvellous picture but no sound :frowning_face:

• It doesn't matter if its IPTV or DVB-S when you use 1:... it should work.

Sorry dhwz but I am a newcomer into the world of the IPTV and Dreambox :smiling_face:

What do you mean exactly by 1:...

To load the IPTV channels into the Dreambox, I use an address I got from the provider that looks like this:

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://........../etc/enigma2/iptv.sh

All the TV channels available are stored in the etc/enigma2/ directory with attributes 644

• Here is a fragment including a TV channel that doesn't work:

#SERVICE 1:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3A//maestro.globepremium.com%3A/live/Maestro1usr/bdff33c069/6512.ts
    #DESCRIPTION FR: ARTE HD-S

• Seems to be a stream problem, DreamOS can't find the proper audio stream in the transportstream.

have 1 video stream(s) (0100), and 0 audio stream(s), and the pcr pid is 0100, and the text pid is ffffffff

FYI: This is no legal IPTV subscription. :winking_face:

• Thank you for your help, really appreciated.

I contacted the provider who told me that it's the first time he heard about this problem.

I used VLCPlayer and a M3U file he sent me and it works perfectly.

It is possible that the Dreambox is unable to decode the AC3+ ?

Sure it's not a legal IPTV subscription but where I live, the dish are now prohibited even if you use a legal subscription, it was the only way to get the TV channels
    I am looking for :smiling_face:

• Offizieller Beitrag

The DDP/AC3+ Audio stream is transmitted with streamtype 0x87... this is not a DVB Streamtype.. but its used in ATSC Standard..

When you flash the latest unstable firmware from dreamboxupdate.com then you can replace the enigma2 binary with this Version : enigma2.bz2.

Its bz2 compressed! You must firstly decompress it.

Or you can do it directly on the dm900 via Telnet oder SSH like this:

Code
    systemctl stop enigma2 && cd /usr/bin && wget http://ghost.dream-multimedia-tv.de/turner6/enigma2.bz2 && rm enigma2 && bunzip2 enigma2.bz2 && systemctl start enigma2

Or you have to wait until next update of enigma2 version on the download feed... but its not yet planned.

cu

• Yes as said AC3+ is now working also with your new example.

Indeed, what a great day, I started searching the information's about this problem 10 days ago :smiling_face: and you found the solution :smiling_face:

Time for me to learn how to take a backup of this image, the world of Dreambox is not an easy one :smiling_face:

Ghost and dhwz, thanks again for your help :smiling_face:

Regards.

• Rescue Loader knows how to backup, dBackup knows it also ...