No backup Image on DM 7020 S

• I recently bought a Dreambox DM 7020-S

The User's Manual explains how to update the software (firmware) using the Setup/Expert Setup/Software Update option.
    I do not seem to have this option on my system, instead I have a "Factory Reset" option.
    Does this mean I will not be able to upgrade my box to future software releases?

I have looked at the DreamUp Software on your Website and there is no "Backup" button, yet the screen shots of this software in the User's Manual DO contain a backup button.
    Does this mean I cannot make backup images of my firmware? (or is there a "Linux" way to do it?)

Lastly, there is no documentation in the User's Manual about how to use a memory stick in the USB port? How do I do this?

Many thanks for any help,

Louis O'Dwyer
    Geneva
    Switzerland

• I too am interested in learning to back my 7020 up. I realize that this is an older thread, but this is all that the search button turned up in english for me to read.

many thanks for a wonderful site.

Mod :grinning_squinting_face:

Note: I did try doing a reboot holding the down arrow down until the word "stop" appeared and typed in the ip addy of Pli_Iolite (Neat name btw!) web page to try that, but only upgrade firmware and a link to this site came up.

• see on this web - there is backup script.
    [Moderator] Link verstösst gegen die Boardregeln.[/Moderator]

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by machura
    see on this web - there is backup script.
    [Moderator] Link verstösst gegen die Boardregeln.[/Moderator]

Can you pm me the information? I beleive that the live links may be a policy issue on this site.

Mod

• with Barry Allen Plugin for 7020 and 600 you can backup your 7020 Flash image to an nfi file (and do Multibooting from USB/CD/HDD too)

• Thank you, I have it now. I had to run it through a translation program. Once I get it all figured out, I will post a howto. Much MUCH appreciated!

P.S. Even my PM was edited once!

And Gutemine, I did find the Barry Allen Plugin as well, I shall try that one as well.

Thanks to all that helped.

• Moderator - it is very shabbiness to read and edit private message !

Your image has so much so stupid bugs! Spend time with removing bugs would be better than censored mail and tags !

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von machura ()

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

Original von The_Original_ModifierP.S. Even my PM was edited once!

Impossible! The only way in which words in PMs can be modified is by automatic filters (the same which are working in the threads here and there).
    We technically cannot read PMs.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Not too worried everybody, I have the information I need to start learning, that's what is important. No I can get to learning and writing up a howto.

And yes a word filter would do that, why it affects a pm, is a first to me.