• Hi
    i can't flash new image, because can't enter in modo web in dm900.home :pouting_face: , many time lost but i can't through web reach dm900. What i must more to do? Bad (mayby bad boy in family dreambox) produced this dm900 :thumbs_down:

DM900, DM525, DM800HD se, GI LX-2

• You dont need DreamUP.
    Shutdown the Box.
    Then Push the Button behind the Box.
    Then Put on.
    After a Sekond push the Button front of the Box so long.
    When you see the ! in the Display then a few Seconds later show the Display a IP Adress.
    This IP write in the Internetbrowser of your PC.

• :thumbs_down:

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von asdas11 () aus folgendem Grund: This i did many time... ...After a Sekond push the Button front of the Box so long. - 1 min.... Internetbrowser of your PC - nothing black screen and isn't IP on screen ( i worked with putyy if config but result isn't) This i did many time... ...After a Sekond push the Button front of the Box so long. - 1 min.... Internetbrowser of your PC - nothing black screen and isn't IP on screen ( i worked with putyy if config but result isn't) Not only i have problem in this thema turn on in DM boxes....i had Mutant HD51 - this problem isn't in this receiver - turn on, turn off - old sistem but works fine. I changed Mutant to DM900 - first of al was fine but now finish DM900 My DM525 works fine...​

• i can't flash new image, because can't enter in modo web in dm900.home

I still believe that you have a problem with your network / dhcp

Did you set the ip manually as told before?

Please describe exactly what you did.

Do you have established the connection (USB-Mini)?
    Do you see a "Login prompt" in putty?
    Could you login?
    What was the error message you got, when trying "ifconfig eth0 ...." ?

Grüße
    ...jp

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von juanito_perez ()

• putty1.log

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von asdas11 () aus folgendem Grund: i have Openatv 5.3. backup from gisclub. after i did my Openatv 6.0, but senseless plugin Kodirect i turn on it and finish....form me said yhat in Openatv 6.0 plugins isn't Kodirect. I had Merlin, Dreamelite, DMS...But i like Openatv. i can putt USB mini conect with dm900 - you can see 2 putty log, but don't want implement my commnds how reboot, ifconfig eth0 ....and others

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to your logs, it is trying to start a 3rdparty image.

Please try starting the rescue loader again with putty connected.

If it shows http://dm900.home/ on the display, then it's because your DNS server (most likely on your router) told your DM900 that this is its name. Make sure you're using the same DNS servers for your DM900 and your Computer.

If you still can't connect, login to your router and get the DM900's IP address from there. Then enter http://<ip adress>/ in your Browser. Another way to obtain the IP address, If you have putty connected in rescue mode, is to login with putty and run "ifconfig".

• putty log
    sh-4.3# "ifconfig"
    ifconfig: /proc/net/dev: No such file or directory
    sh-4.3# "ifconfig" <192.168.1.66>
    sh: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
    sh-4.3# sh-4.3# "ifconfig"
    sh: sh-4.3#: command not found

my DM900 haven't chance enter in modo rescue in, only when on dm900 screen shows - dreambox, i can a little enter in inside dm900.
    In rescue mode i can't to do connection because and i have'nt possibility have login and run this
    dm900 login: rootroot@dm900:~# help.....Problem is in inside DM900.

but my DM525 on the same web line works without problems with CI+ et others...

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von asdas11 ()

• there is no such thing as Flashing from USB via rescue loader.

You start the browser and connect to the webif of the rescue loader when it is started for flashin images.

• thanks for answer

but many time i did :confused_face: - start the browser, turn on DM900 slowly but webif road closed in DM900, i think that problen is in DM900...
    my DM525 on this line work without problems, CI+ and many others plugins ....
    maybe i give this DM900 for seller, ( 2 years garanthy) :smiling_face_with_horns:

• Start your Dream with unpluged HDMI into the rescue-Mode. The old Bootloaders had problems with starting the box at some HDMI-Ports of some TVs.
    When the box is in rescue mode, flash the desired image.
    after reboot (still no HDMI plugged in) enter the console of the box. There put in

Code
    update-rescue -v
    shutdown -r now

When the box is down, you can plugin HDMI, and start the Box - it will start, if the HDMI-Bug was blocking till now. There might still some boxes with this old loaders be around in the wild.
    My rescue-Loader is actual:

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    DM900UHD-FBC, Gigablue Quad4K-S/C/T, QUAD_Plus-SSC, QUAD-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, Astra 19.2E
    UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/OpenMips, orig. Skin,SevenHD/KravenHD,
    (weitere:Vu+Duo,TTG-S850HD,Technisat,Edision), PC-DVB-S/C/T,
    PopcornA110, 2x Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Samsung
    933BW,UE32C5700,UE65HU7590
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

• thanks for answer, but now
    answer from putty

sh: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
    sh: no job control in this shell
    sh-4.3# update-rescue -v
    sh: /usr/sbin/update-rescue: Permission denied
    sh-4.3# shutdown -r now
    sh: /sbin/shutdown: Permission denied
    sh-4.3#
    tomorow i DM900 send to my seller hm-sat GmbH

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von asdas11 ()

• You could flash an image without HDMI connected to the box?
    The Telnet / PuTTy calls are via LAN in a started image, not via USB in bootmode. In bootmode the box is protected - as you saw.

Grüßle
    Ralf
    ---------------------------------------------
    DM900UHD-FBC, Gigablue Quad4K-S/C/T, QUAD_Plus-SSC, QUAD-SSC, UE_Plus-SC, X3-SC, UltraUE-SC, Astra 19.2E
    UniCable & KabelBW, oATV/OpenMips, orig. Skin,SevenHD/KravenHD,
    (weitere:Vu+Duo,TTG-S850HD,Technisat,Edision), PC-DVB-S/C/T,
    PopcornA110, 2x Xtreamer, BDP5200, LG 42R51, Samsung
    933BW,UE32C5700,UE65HU7590
    ---- Einen Receiver kann sich jeder kaufen - Eine stabile E²-Box muß man sich verdienen! ----

• I don't think your connected to your dreambox. You would see root@dm900#. sh-4.3# looks like your computer.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• You could flash an image without HDMI connected to the box?
    The Telnet / PuTTy calls are via LAN in a started image, not via USB in bootmode. In bootmode the box is protected - as you saw.

thanks for care
    You would see root@dm900# - isn't this root....

answer as early
    sh-4.3#....after all commands is nowhere comes,only a little for informatione as - help...

in one moment i saw that memory in DM900 - 700MB - why, and i don't know what i can do now :question_mark:

i think that sistem turn on DM900 no function good, much of rigmalore...for me better is in DM800HD se..

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von asdas11 ()

• Sorry, but I have to say it: shit in, shit out.

First: the command is ifconfig and not "ifconfig".
    Second: don't try to run them on your computer!

Can't you simply enter

Code
    telnet dm900.home

And post the output?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• :winking_face: thanks
    impossibile enter in DM900.
    First impressions was when i buy - battery for 2 days and throw away...not only i have problems with limitations of this DM900.. :loudly_crying_face:
    Sorry, but I have to say it: one shit in, other shit out - it is true.
    with DM525 i haven't problems.