DM7025 and HiDef

• Box type: dm7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma2
    Firmware version: 1.07

your question

I have spent a great deal of money to buy my new DM7025. Previously 1 was using dm7000 and a lot of my friends are using dm500 based on my advice.

I am asking to hardware developers of dreambox, since the dm7025 is very similar to dm8000 (excluding mpeg4 decoder), can it be developed a card to be placed on tuner slot to make the dm7025 hidef compatible? In that way dm7025 would save their investment.
    For the business point of view it would not effect the sale of dm8000 if the price of dm7025+hidef card would be higher that a dm8000.

I do not know if it is feazable technically of business wise, just and idea...

• Hi,

short and sweet: forget it. Neither is this planned (afaik), nor is it technically possible. If the DM 7025 was expandable in the way described, it would say so in the manual.

Have fun anyway.

Regards, Mamba

• Come on...

I have some old adds of Dream Multimedia saying that DM7000 will support Mpeg4 with software upgrade?!?!?!

It is misdirectioning ?!?!
    Dream multimedia has to be more careful about the customers

but anyway I love Dreambox

• Yes the 7000 but not the 7025. And they told nothing about tihe date when it will be available for the 7000.

For the 7025 it will be never available because the hardware don´t support this. The 7025 support only HD with mpeg2 on DVB-S and not MP4 on DVB-S2.

And the mpeg2 HD signal output is similar to the normal pal or ntsc because the hardware support no HD output so HD will be convertet to normal pal or ntsc.

DM7025 (2xSat,80GB) an Motor - Tuner B 2. Kabel vom Motor - DM800 am gleichen LNB
    http://www.rezepteundmehr.de
    Wer nach Emus sucht: hier suchen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jenscz ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by nfenerlis
    I have some old adds of Dream Multimedia saying that DM7000 will support Mpeg4 with software upgrade?!?!?!

Haha,
    please say where and when DM has anounced this info.

Dm7000 does not have hardware for mpg4 decoding. Only main processor can do it. But look on dream's processor and 2 times faster xbox1's processor where mpg4 is possible , but no way for hdtv !

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• Yes, in older commercial info dmm says that cpu of the dm7000 in future will be able to support mpeg4. The Prozessor can handle it but IBM, manufacturer of the cpu, give dream not the code or enough info for it.

But only for standart resolution not for hdtv. And since IBM don´t support their customer enough, the customer (dmm) can´t develope it.

• If dm7000 will be mpg4 ready I do not think it will be able to work with 8PSK modulation which is used instead of QPSK . I think only this modulation all providers will use for sdtv and hdtv in mpg4 transmissions.

About IBM support ... I think it is not free and customer has to pay for it if it want more and do not have time for reverse engenering.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tom0000 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

There will be no mpeg4-support for the Dm7000.
    As jenscz said there were plans because of statements which IBM did, concerning the ability to do it in the future (which was about 3 1/2 years ago).
    Howewer, IBM never delivered a microcode capable of doing mpeg4 and so this topic is dead as it can be.

To the 7025 and HD: I don't think at all that there will be anything like this, the 7025 is a SD-Box with a focus on the Dual-Tuner, the DM8000 will be able to play and give out HD material as such but no currently available Box of DMM will do so.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Zitat

Original von Olove
    There will be no mpeg4-support for the Dm7000.
    As jenscz said there were plans because of statements which IBM did, concerning the ability to do it in the future (which was about 3 1/2 years ago).
    Howewer, IBM never delivered a microcode capable of doing mpeg4 and so this topic is dead as it can be.

To the 7025 and HD: I don't think at all that there will be anything like this, the 7025 is a SD-Box with a focus on the Dual-Tuner, the DM8000 will be able to play and give out HD material as such but no currently available Box of DMM will do so.

Olove

This is exactly that what i mean.

• So the question is:

Is it possible technically to use the second tuner slot of dm7025 for hdtv upgrade?
    Is it feasable to do it in the business point of view?

I suppose that most of DM7025 users would paiy some euros for this option.

• nfenerlis,

it has nothing to do with the tuner (analog). it's due to the digital portion (H/W + S/W in concert) of the 70xx series that can't handle the mpeg4 stream. You can read very clearly the moderators have no reason to believe that DMM will change this now or in the future. I, by the same token, have reason to believe that they know what they are talking about as they seem to be close enough to DMM. :winking_face:

Look out for the 8xxx series.

Regards, Mamba