genuine dreambox 900 UHD

• Hi,
    apologize writing in English but I don't speakGerman and google translator could probably deform my question.
    I ran the authenticity test on my newly purchased DM920 and when I pasted into web page the code given by the plug-in installed on my box, the result was strange, not recognized model name, not matching S/N (on my box I have something like "DM920zzzzz" and the online check returned xxxx-yyyy), only the MAC address was valid. I executed the test from newenigma software.
    Is there any conclusion why the authenticity check fails for new DM boxes like DM920?
    I reported the issue to DM support but they didn't reply.

• I hardly believe that DM920 clones already exist. I think the authentication check is not something that has a priority with Dream. Their website is very very poorly maintained and still contains a lot of obsolete stuff. You shouldn't wory...

• Flash an up-to-date image and run it again. The check was fix as far as I remember.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• and dont forget the rescue loader update after flashing latest image.

• Dear pwr200,
    I have absolute copy of your problem with DM920& I raised it to dm support today, after my challenge with the seller about the issue. It seems there is a problem with genuine plug-in, I would appreciate if you let us know latest news & I will too.

• Hi,
    apologize writing in English but I don't speakGerman and google translator could probably deform my question.
    I ran the authenticity test on my newly purchased DM920 and when I pasted into web page the code given by the plug-in installed on my box, the result was strange, not recognized model name, not matching S/N (on my box I have something like "DM920zzzzz" and the online check returned xxxx-yyyy), only the MAC address was valid. I executed the test from newenigma software.
    Is there any conclusion why the authenticity check fails for new DM boxes like DM920?
    I reported the issue to DM support but they didn't reply.

Hello All!

Could you help me please where can I find the "authenticity test" on the dreambox.de website?

• Unfortunately, the Genuine Dreambox validation no longer exists. There is no way to test anymore.. Makes sense since assembly is done solely in China. And as we know the Chinese will clone everything once they got their hands on the licensed schematics...

• Unfortunately, the Genuine Dreambox validation no longer exists. There is no way to test anymore.. Makes sense since assembly is done solely in China. And as we know the Chinese will clone everything once they got their hands on the licensed schematics...

Thank you mimisiku for your answer. It would be good not to mislead the user with a message to verify the number on dreambox.de site (in original DM soft).