Dream Multimedia, Please recalibrate SNR levels for dual S2 sil labs 2166 tuner

• dual dvb s2 sil labs 2166 tuner does not output correct SNR levels

1) problem - signal SNR Is displayed with lower level than correct actual SNR - % and dB
    for example tuning to transponder with FEC 5/6 - you can watch picture without break ups at 4.9 dB

2) problem - there are SNR levels are not displayed at all - for example there Is no 5.0 or 5.1 dB etc - from 4.9 dB you are jumping at 5.2 dB after that there Is no 5.3 dB but 5.4

dvb s2 BCM 4505 tuner does display SNR levels perfect - both % and dB

Dream Multimedia, please correct 1) and 2) problems for dual dvb s2 sil labs 2166 tuner

• 1) Remember this is a MER value not C/N, nothing wrong here.
    C/N for failure is: DVB-S QPSK 5/6 ~6.53dB, DVB-S2 QPSK 5/6 ~5.18dB and DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6 ~9.35dB

2) There is nothing to fix, as it is working as intended. And sorry but there is also no 5.1 or 4.9 or 5.2 or 5.3, as the tuner only throws out 0.25dB Steps.
    Maybe your Skin is not working properly and is using a round function for the SNR values, which is invalid!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• I use 7020HD with tuner A - BCM4505 and tuner B1 and B2 - silabs2166

1) from these two tuners obviously one Is not calibrated as they display very different values when used with same cable

2) from all 0.25 dB steps I have not seen more than 2 pcs 0.25 dB values when I used tuner In DM820 few days ago In latest original dream multimedia Image
    once again tuner Is not calibrated and Is not working properly at all In 12 - 12.4 GHz - tested on 12.129 on Astra 2E

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sasho ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

SNR between Tuners was NEVER equal in value or actual "meaning".
    We won't apply any magic math just so you see equal levels, there's just no point in that.
    The SNRdb calculation for the SiLabs Tuners is done according to datasheet.

In "Bug-Report-Speech":
    Works as intended.

If you have issues with transponders/channels it has NOTHING to do with the calculation of the SNRdB

mfg ,
    Reichi

• on the other hand si labs 2166 used In 900 UHD Is working without Issues I reported
    so there Is something not updated In firmware used for 800se, 7020HD, 820HD

• I'm pretty sure that it works also in 820 and 7080 as I use it heavily

• These are DVB/S2X tuners! Not DVB-S2 (they are used for Multistream transponders)

• @mimisiku
    Seriously, if you have no idea just you just get out! Both of these tuners are regular DVB-S2(X) tuners, and thats just what he asked for, tuners which support other modulations except QPSK/8PSK.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()