900 BIOS Static IP ?

• But keep in mind that in the recovery bios it will not be static in the sense that on next boot into rescue mode it is still there - you will have to repeat the exercise ...

• Thanx ! after connection via putty after ~1minute stop on root@dm900:~#
    how can I enter to BIOS and fix it to static IP?

• Then the box is normally bootet, but you should boot into rescue mode and then connect serial to enter the command which sets the ip adress for this boot fixed to what you enter.

• Then the box is normally bootet, but you should boot into rescue mode and then connect serial to enter the command which sets the ip adress for this boot fixed to what you enter.

Thanx.How I can enter to BIOS?

• opendreambox 2.5.0 dm900
    >>> Your Dreambox has booted into RESCUE MODE.
    >>> Please log in as user 'root' (no password required),
    >>> then run 'help' to get further information.
    dm900 login: root
    root@dm900:~# help
    Built-in commands:
    ------------------
    . : [ [[ alias bg break cd chdir continue echo eval exec exit
    export false fg getopts hash help history jobs kill let local
    printf pwd read readonly return set shift source test times trap
    true type ulimit umask unalias unset wait

?

• Again: There is no BIOS on the DM900.

And as I told you before: After login: ifconfig eth0 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (to set a static IP)

But maybe you should describe what you're trying to do.
    Why are you looking for a BIOS?
    Why do you want to set an static IP?

Grüße
    ...jp

• booting into rescue loader means booting an alternate kernel with an initramfs which offers a command line and a webinterface. Command lie can be entered via telnet when you alrrwady have an ip or via serial usb to set an ip.

for entering rescue loader you turn on box with power switch on the back and then hold power button on front for 5secs until it is blinking and soon oled will show an !

if you then press enter in the terminal connected via usb you will get the command line prompt

• For my humble understanding: why would the IP of the box not be static, even if you wouldn't specify it as described above? In a network, even with DHCP, such as home networks with routers usually are working,
    you reserve IPs for certain devices and so the box would always have the same IP.

DM 800 HD se mit Merlin 3 (R.I.P)
    DM 900 UHD mit Merlin 4
    Unitymedia

• first to enter BIOS I must connect PC and DM900 only via serial USB ?
    I can get ip in Rescue mode only if I connect to router via lan cable(

• NO BIOS ON DM900!!!

Instead of repeating the same question again and again, it might be helpful to describe your situation and why you think you need a fixed IP.

so long
    m0rphU

• NO BIOS ON DM900!!!

Instead of repeating the same question again and again, it might be helpful to describe your situation and why you think you need a fixed IP.

No BIOS??!OK I understand(.
    Static ip because I wanna use it without ROUTER (dhcp)and connect notebook to dm900(load images etc).On my previous 800 I fixed ip via Hyper terminal.

• you can also flash wirth dBackup while the box is running because it is an enigma2 Plugin :thumbs_up: