DM7025 new hardware revision?

• Hi guys, nice board!
    Can anyone please clarify once and for all the questions concerning a new revision of 7025? I'm lookin' to buy one for more than a month and a half now, and i keep reading about hardware improvements being implemented on this model.
    Is it true? Is it out on the market? What has been modified?

Thanx :smiling_face:

At the moment i use a DM500 (wonderful little wonder), running on [Moderator] Fremdimage, verstößt gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator].

Welcome on this Board and by the way: Read the rules.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

There has not been any confirmation of a new "revision", yet. So all you heard are rumours.
    Sorry to say that.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Sorry to read that... but thanx for the answer.
    Anyway, is there a chance for the appearance on the wide market of the kit for fitting a DVD unit on the 7025 in the near future?
    Best regards!

• You can connect dvd instead of HDD , but support for it in software will be only for dm8000 I think.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• you can plugin an DVD/CD player via USB already now.

And you then can even play some VCDs (because often these are plain MPEG1/2), but there are dirty tricks needed so that the movieplayer accepts the MPEG files (eg do a link to a *.mpg file or copy it to harddisk with such a name) and the standard image will not do this, so better let's stopp the discussion here !

DVDs with VOB files are not possible to play yet (and not likely to come ever, because of rights issues)

PS: And I think I should try out once my USB Floppy Drive too :winking_face:

Ciao
    thowi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• I have one for 3 weeks now. My big concern is the heat it produces. I've already made the cooler on the low voltage stage of the power unit larger but I guess I will need to fit a fan in there.

I would wait a bit if I were you unless you live in Alaska. Hopefully the 8000 won't have this problem.

• Yes i also wonder why it's so hot.. And i have not even mounted the HDD yet.
    Could be interesting to measure the temperature on the capacitors in the power supply... They are at the moment so hot you even can't hold your fingers on them !
    Wonder how many living hours there are calculated on the powersupply capacitors with this high temperature ?

Regards,
    Niels Moeller