dreambox 800hd bootloader stuck

• hope anyone can help with this problem
    i have a original dreambox 800 hd wich will not bootup anymore.
    keeps getting to the bootloader flash page.
    but the page is not correctly showing and no possibility to put another image on it.
    seems the bootloader is stuck.
    anybody got an idea whats worng?

• tnx M0rphU i tryed that but seems also on the serial port no response box seems to boot into flash display says ip etc and stop
    but the software does not connect to the box or loads the flash.
    any other idea's?

• Are you sure that you are using a null modem cable and not just a standard serial cable as the wiring is different.

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• i was pretty sure but i have tested it on another decoder and have the same problem.
    gonna buy another cable and test.
    will let you know how it went

well im really stuck now no response at all from the box dreamup is waiting for connection but nothing.
    tryed 2 nullmodem cables now

• Same as on your OpenPli forum request..

You are referring to dm800 original and next you are talking about Sunray DM800se... An original box can be resued using a proper null modem cable and the dreamup utility.

Setup dreamup first to use correct COM port. Make syre dm800 is completely powerless!!!! Start dreamup. Press Connect. Dreamup prepares the loading process. When this is done it tells you to connect the dreambox. Now power on your box... dreamup will respond with message that it has found a box... next press flash and select the firmware file you like to use...